What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I do have to replace my knock sensors. I got some stuff to clean the intake ports and fuel injectors. Aso some red rtv I think I'm going to do the valley cover since I'll be there anyways.

But side note. What kind of OBD2 scan tools are you guys using? I was looking at this bluedriver scan tool which is bluetooth and $99 but iirc scans airbag and abs codes
Make sure to do that rtv mod. Protects the knock sensors from sitting in water.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a very popular choice and seems to do quite well. It is a great option for someone who isn't wanting to go the tech2 / bidirectional route.

Tech2 is way too much

I dont need one it's just gonna be easier thn having to go to advanced all the time

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech2 is way too much

I dont need one it's just gonna be easier thn having to go to advanced all the time
I actually have two different ones. I bought one of the cheap obd scab tools and just a free app. It was ok. It would pull engine codes and could clear them but that was about it.

Amazon was having a sale on the BlueDriver for around $75 and I bought that one. It definitely has more options and pulls more. I was having issues with the rear heat not blowing hot air on my XL and it pulled error code for that. So I would watch the BlueDriver as I’ve seen it on sale a few times for about $75.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have two different ones. I bought one of the cheap obd scab tools and just a free app. It was ok. It would pull engine codes and could clear them but that was about it.

Amazon was having a sale on the BlueDriver for around $75 and I bought that one. It definitely has more options and pulls more. I was having issues with the rear heat not blowing hot air on my XL and it pulled error code for that. So I would watch the BlueDriver as I’ve seen it on sale a few times for about $75.

Thanks man. I want a scan tool bluedriver looks pretty good and has good reviews on videos on YouTube and Amazon I'll keep an eye out.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered knock sensors, harness, throttle body gasket, intake manifold gasket, valley cover gasket and injector o-rings.

I also have some red rtv, got an inch-pound torque wrench and some fuel injector cleaner.

I found the torque specs for the intake manifold (44 in/lbs for the first pass then 89 for second) but was wondering if anyone had the specs for the valley cover? Also is the knock sensor "well" in the valley cover? Meaning if I remove the valley cover will it be easier to clean the holes the knock sensors are in?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up some lighting goods over the last couple of months....

now to find time to install it all...

View attachment 214321

Can you take a picture of the back of the headlights? I would like to see how the projector is mounted. I know anzo uses the same type of mounting points as stock. If these do as well k may pick up these lights and swap my retrofit into them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10