What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I did NOT replace the socket yet. What I said was that I replaced the bulbs, and as I was replacing them, I noticed that the socket us so burnt up now that the bulb doesn't work, so I HAVE to replace the socket at this point. I've known this for a while though so it's not a huge surprise.
And as far as the bulbs, I've been using 3157's in my DRLs for the last 10 years. The base on the 3157 is the same as the 4114. The issue with the burnt DRL sockets seems to be a common occurrence, but I have also heard that it's caused by using 3157s instead of the 4114 bulbs. Who knows....
you can probably get that socket to work by just scraping the contacts with a small screw driver and then bending them In a pinch, mine were toast but I made them work again, the replacements are garbage compared to the originals but that's the way it goes, even when you replace them they will burn up again in short order.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I did NOT replace the socket yet. What I said was that I replaced the bulbs, and as I was replacing them, I noticed that the socket us so burnt up now that the bulb doesn't work, so I HAVE to replace the socket at this point. I've known this for a while though so it's not a huge surprise.
And as far as the bulbs, I've been using 3157's in my DRLs for the last 10 years. The base on the 3157 is the same as the 4114. The issue with the burnt DRL sockets seems to be a common occurrence, but I have also heard that it's caused by using 3157s instead of the 4114 bulbs. Who knows....

So is it safe to say that a 3157 socket can be spliced in safely? And a 4114 bulb will fit? I got these fancy new LEDs and I just want them to work

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the alternator die on my wife while taking the kids to school Thursday morning so ordered and installed the replacement on friday, truly the easiest alt install I have ever done. Nice having the denali back up and running!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on the search every day for a used oem Denali cover. Would love a duraflex but wouldn't love the shipping. I hate our 3 piece bumpers, rather have the smooth look of a 1 piece cover.
Just get a reman part. It's like $100

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the oil tonight after work.... Im thinking about doing SEAFOAM through the Vacuum line for the first time in my 230k mi Yukon. Would you do it. Ive only owned it for a just over a year. Slightly rough idle.

Should I change plugs (not that old) and clean O2 sensors or is that nor necessary?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changing the oil tonight after work.... Im thinking about doing SEAFOAM through the Vacuum line for the first time in my 230k mi Yukon. Would you do it. Ive only owned it for a just over a year. Slightly rough idle.

Should I change plugs (not that old) and clean O2 sensors or is that nor necessary?
I wouldn’t vacuum line it yet. I would hold off on changing oil put some seafoam in the oil for a week also dump some in the gas tank if you run it through the vacuum line it may loosen up too much carbon and then you’re going to block everything up. Don’t touch the O2 sensors unless you’re changing asking for trouble

Edit you could change the plugs after you seafoam oil and gas mbut seriously would not vacuum line it

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change on the Escalade last night, and got the headlight switch & foglight switch in can’t wait to get the rest switched over to blue LED’s, hit up @ScottyBoy for all your interior LED lighting needs

2b3036d91470d78d65a8433314a76a20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 4600s installed in the front with resistors. No warnings yet...

Also installed my steering damper finally!

The escalade feels great!

******* found some torn boots on my uca ball joint and on my outer tie rod end though which pisses me off because they only have 10k miles on them and this escalade is stock ride height! ********. Both acdelco advantage parts. I learned my lesson... Moog problem solver or pro series Delco only.

View attachment 187543

Got the boots replaced today. Grabbed some of these for a few bucks. Fitment probably isnt 100% perfect but holds grease fine. Ill keep an eye on these. I inspect and grease with every oil change.

Energy Suspension 9.13101G O.E.M. Style Tie Rod End Boot, Black - Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CN7B5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ypWoAbQT2XEER

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n