What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
light coats

the bow tie has a curve to it so if you put to much on it may look good for a couple seconds until it settles down around the edges

i was told i had to take the top layer off which was some plastic then sand down the chrome part and primer and paint that ?

Light coats like mentioned and use some etching primer first to get you a good base.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

your saying just paint over the original bow tie like dont even prep it or nothing or even sand it down, just throw some paint on it ? what type of paint should i use i want to color match it white..

Reaction score
Take some wetsand paper like 800 will work well. Get after it. Wash it real well. Rub some alcohol on it. Then use some etching primer. Wet sand the primer with 1200 or 2000 to get smooth. Clean really good again. Spray some white on there. Light coats like mentioned before. You can sand the color if you want with 2000, but sand lightly. Then get some clear on there use lots of clear because it will be on your grill, so its gonna eat some rocks.

First time i did mine.
30sj7k1.jpg

What i did sunday.
vh40ok.jpg

obo

Reaction score
Yesterday I took off the old tint the previous owner installed. The front windows were purple. No longer tho! very easy too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts