What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I installed new OE style fogs on my Yukon XL:
View attachment 75642
Now I just have to make up my mind if I want to see better in the fog, or have them match the switchbacks...
Go hid, see better in the fog and match the switchbacks. Wanna see even better get 3000k.
Most don't realize our fogs are one of the best factory designs out ther believe it or not (gm or other makes). Now days its form over function, what looks best and not what works best.
It's a low and wide beam pattern. Throwing in hids do not produce a glare at eye level.
Unlike the nbs Denali fogs, 07+ tahoe and yukon fogs, and others.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go hid, see better in the fog and match the switchbacks. Wanna see even better get 3000k.
Most don't realize our fogs are one of the best factory designs out ther believe it or not (gm or other makes). Now days its form over function, what looks best and not what works best.
It's a low and wide beam pattern. Throwing in hids do not produce a glare at eye level.
Unlike the nbs Denali fogs, 07+ tahoe and yukon fogs, and others.

That is something else I forget to mention about them... they have a very interesting beam pattern. The passenger side throws most of its light to strait down the road and some to the right, and the left sends it mostly to the left of center.
They are WAY better than was on my '04 Monte Carlo.

Edit: the LEDs I was looking at were these ones.

Seems to have good reviews, but I could just get another set of cheap HIDs like I put in my projectors ($30 FTW).

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy it now, because once the intake, headers, and corsa go on, I doubt I'll see 15+ anymore, lol
9.6 mpg my last fill up. A little too much fun was had..I will be installing a wideband this weekend..we need to lean her out lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9.6 mpg my last fill up. A little too much fun was had..I will be installing a wideband this weekend..we need to lean her out lol..

I just filled up my truck today... It has got up to 12.23 MPG. Lowest I've had it so far (because of running it to warm it up) was 10.58 MPG.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't feel all that bad about mileage, as I got just over 16mpg on the way from NY to Florida and back two weeks ago... and am currently doing just over 14mpg, driving locally and carrying anywhere from 200-500 lbs in tools and materials in the back of my Yukon XL.

Rolling on 285/75/16 General Grabber ATII's at the moment (32.8"), debating on going with 275/65/20's (34.1") or 35/12.50/20's (34.6") when these wear out. I believe the 275's will fit without putting in the body lift I already have, will definitely need the BL if I go with the 35's.
I know either will affect my mileage when I do, just curious as to how much of a drop in MPG did you guys have when you upsized?

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I bought a V8 knowing to not be ocd or even care about my mpg.
:challenge:

That being said, I would trade my 5.3 for a modified to fit tesla motor in a heartbeat.
:fuckyea:

I bought a V8 because the V6 I had before got 15-17mpg, and I figured why not have 100 extra horsepower?

I definitely don't drive my truck FOR fuel economy, I drive it because I love the vehicle, and it does everything I need it to and then some. But getting good mileage is a nice benefit, even if the savings isn't much in the end.

I do everything I can to improve mileage (and increase power) but I know there are things I want to do that will decrease that number (tires, lift, etc) and that's ok. I'm not trying to compete with a prius.

but.... IF they come out with an engine swap for the tesla motor... I would jump on that bandwagon too, haha!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I bought a V8 because the V6 I had before got 15-17mpg, and I figured why not have 100 extra horsepower?

I definitely don't drive my truck FOR fuel economy, I drive it because I love the vehicle, and it does everything I need it to and then some. But getting good mileage is a nice benefit, even if the savings isn't much in the end.

I do everything I can to improve mileage (and increase power) but I know there are things I want to do that will decrease that number (tires, lift, etc) and that's ok. I'm not trying to compete with a prius.

but.... IF they come out with an engine swap for the tesla motor... I would jump on that bandwagon too, haha!
v6 trucks/suvs are very minimal in better mpg if at all compared to v6s. My first truck was a v6 Dakota, that's when I knew with a V8 I would only be spending pennies more on gas lol , so exactly like you...why not get the extra 100 hps:driver:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts