What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty decent if they have paperwork to back the work up, how did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine. Didn't buy anything yet. Took some pics Ill throw up later when I have a chance.. It's dirty and the decals bother me a bit, I hate that I cannot see what is going on with the paint underneath. Suspension feels tight and trans shifts smooth (1-2 shift is so damn soft compared to my nali with the vette servo btw)

Leather is dirty but no rips, even the drivers seat. Some discoloration on the dash plastics as usual but no cracks. Overall still a real good looking truck. Very nice people too btw... in case you can make out the decal or something.

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I continued diagnosis of why this lovely truck has killed the battery 4 times now. First was a bad battery. Second was a parasitic draw through the gauge cluster. Third and fourth both unknown.
IMG_0222.JPG
Now with a new battery and the guages fixed, there is no current draw at all...which is weird because there should be some right? Anyways, I picked up some AC voltage at the battery while running so took in what appeared to be the stock alternator for testing. Surprisingly it passed the diode test but failed to put out any power. After buying a new alternator I'm disheartened that my battery was dying again after letting the car run and then sit for an hour to compare voltage readings.
IMG_0352.JPG
In the meantime, I cleaned up the rusty battery tray and hit it with some rustoleum to make it look better and prevent more rust flaking. Pumped that my new (used) steering wheel is on the way and I'm sure I'll be messing with it this weekend as well as more electrical diagnostics with MY reliable snap on meter instead of dad's cheap $15 one that I'm unsure about. As frustrating as it has been, I'm amazed I can say I still don't even have $3000 in this whole truck yet!
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0318.PNG

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to soldering in all new button backlighting bulbs in my stock stereo this weekend, nice to have it all working good again!

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
Drove it to work this morning but last night I installed new tail lights, finished removing the adhesive from the side moulding and finished the DEEP cleaning of the interior that was sorely needed after the previous owner.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backed into a shopping cart at the store and put a small ding in my rear bumper. Hell, it's more of a scratch or scuff really.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought black rustoleum and sprayed my trailer hitch receiver and decided to spray my front bumper valance and the tail pipe.
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG
I think the front valance looks way better now
IMG_0964.JPG
Looks better than the old rusty gray and brown pipe

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fine. Didn't buy anything yet. Took some pics Ill throw up later when I have a chance.. It's dirty and the decals bother me a bit, I hate that I cannot see what is going on with the paint underneath. Suspension feels tight and trans shifts smooth (1-2 shift is so damn soft compared to my nali with the vette servo btw)

Leather is dirty but no rips, even the drivers seat. Some discoloration on the dash plastics as usual but no cracks. Overall still a real good looking truck. Very nice people too btw... in case you can make out the decal or something.

I made an offer for "fair" to "good" KBB price which is like $2500 below the listing. Doubt they accept it.

Hoping to take a look @ a cherry looking Denali that is further away than I'd like...but the price is good. if I drive the family all the way out there this weekend I'm likely coming back with it.

00f0f_eqb4WKHqn4L_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_9yii7KjHht4_600x450.jpg
01414_1R2svAQvJKr_600x450.jpg
00w0w_5z3M7FgF7xd_600x450.jpg
00S0S_6RcCLBB4YG3_600x450.jpg
00K0K_b69yYSXoyB6_600x450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed