What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 15i from the pic you posted the other day. The " i " has the color matched radio antenna

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 15i from the pic you posted the other day. The " i " has the color matched radio antenna

k thanks ...

Im on a long road trip and since this is the first K2XX I've driven for more than a dealer test drive I was going to note my impressions compared to the GMT900s, so I just wanted to make sure I was driving the latest version.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
k thanks ...

Im on a long road trip and since this is the first K2XX I've driven for more than a dealer test drive I was going to note my impressions compared to the GMT900s, so I just wanted to make sure I was driving the latest version.

Have some Ouzo and Do a nice long write-up.

:popcorn:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee be drunk

amscomps

Reaction score
Techbrute, Yes I meant you. Please accept my apologies. I was excited to see an antenna mount and rushed. Nice clean setup, can you show the radio mount. What radio is that? I'm using Proclip mounts also with IOmagnets for my phone and tablet. They allow for tilt and swivel. I'm a newb ham in the Chicago area and was just getting to this point. Thanks in advance.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the mount under the radio: http://amzn.to/1cGT8Sn

I just stuck an adhesive metal plate to the back of the radio controller. The radio is a Yaesu FTM-400DR.

http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cm...EFF8482F3367495319&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

I hope that information was what you were looking for.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Here is the antenna kit:
http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-007918
And the radio:
http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-011925

I needed an extension for the antenna cable, and a couple RF adapters to tie it together. With nice cabling and power wiring, it's probably around $800 for this little project. You can do it a lot cheaper, I just prioritized a few things others might not, like aesthetics. In that case, a radio with a remote face becomes important.

The things I am looking to change is a) the power cable route, and b) the speaker situation. I'm looking for a small external speaker that I can mount in an unobtrusive location. Right now, the radio transceiver is in the armrest, and the speaker is built in to the transceiver. I wish it was in the control unit, but I suppose that would make the control unit more cumbersome.

I could patch it in through the aux in on the stereo, but I want to be able to listen to music as I scan.

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my set-up.
I have a high band radio and a scanner. I ended up putting two antennas on the roof, I'll post pics later of that. But I made everything fit in the center console, so it's out of the way. My speaker is mounted on the inlet in the center console, so where your right knee is.

Brands5.0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some very nice trucks here for some reason I can post photos from photo bucket.
2E0FF440-D2D6-4E05-A918-E66039F7E6F3_zpshewgyjcf.jpg

Last edited:

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When to the hand wash car wash here in town today. They have a great VIP program, 425 per month and you can get it washed every day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123