What battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Platium is Diehards version of the Optima so it has both side and top terminals for extra gagets and gizmos plus the power to handle it. I think it has a 10 yr warranty. 4 yr full replacement and 6 yr prorated.

I am shopping for a battery now, 100 mo. warranty, 4 years full replacement, the balance is prorated on the Diehard Platinum, 3 years full, 100 mo. on the Gold

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Platium is Diehards version of the Optima so it has both side and top terminals for extra gagets and gizmos plus the power to handle it. I think it has a 10 yr warranty. 4 yr full replacement and 6 yr prorated.

I am shopping for a battery now, 100 mo. warranty, 4 years full replacement, the balance is prorated on the Diehard Platinum, 3 years full, 100 mo. on the Gold

YOU ARE 110% WRONG!

Sears Diehard battery (Odyssey Battery Re-Branded) Has side and Top Terminals so it is a group 34/78. It is a AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) which is Solid Lead Plates with Fiberglass sponges that hold the acid in battery. Batteries out weigh and out perform Optimas...THAT IS WHY THEY ARE Guaranteed to last longer! 8 year guarantee in which the first 4 years fully replaceable and 4 years pro-rated. Start at $219.99 and go on sale some time for 179 or 189.

Sears Equivalent to the Optima is the Advanced Gold which guarantee matches an Optima Battery 6 year in which 3 years fully Replaceable and 3 years Prorated. DOES NOT come with top terminals only the sides for 78. IMO it is waste for the extra few bucks get more CCA, RC, top terminals so it is easier to jump and run accessories and better guarantee.

Diehard Gold which is your basic Lead Acid combo with an 8 year guarantee in which the first 3 years fully replaceable and 5 years prorated.

DieHard Silver 6 year guarantee in which the first 1 and Half Fully Replaceable and 4 and half prorated.

DieHard Gold and Silver batteries are Deka Re-brands and manufactured by East Penn.

:happy107:

GA_Boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Funny I should see this thread as I just had to drop a new one in today it is one of the Super start ones from O'Reilly auto parts.

craz-28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2 Red Top Optima's for me.

1 in the Tahoe for about 6 mo and the other in my Z-28........wait for it.......10 years!(Knock on wood) Still cranks that bad boy over like a champ too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts