What battery terminals everyone using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what does everyone use when replacing old beatup worn out rounded sidepost terminal on these SUV's.i wanna swap out mine when I upgrade the wires.just wonder if there's any value in using aftermarket ones or just use new oem replacements.

OP
OP
01subCT

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check them out .I don't even remember what battery I threw in this I better check.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the minimum I recommend those $5 gold plated set of posts. When I switched over, my cranking went from about 2 seconds until starting, to about 1/2 second. It was as if it was cranking over several times to starting on the first turn. This has to be worth the reduced wear. I can only imagine how beneficial this could be in a northern climate when its COLD out. Might get that one or two extra starts out of it when the battery starts to go.

If you aren't adding in a large stereo, second battery, or a bunch of auxiliary electronics, you really don't need anything more than that.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what does everyone use when replacing old beatup worn out rounded sidepost terminal on these SUV's.i wanna swap out mine when I upgrade the wires.just wonder if there's any value in using aftermarket ones or just use new oem replacements.
34/78 Northstar with the GP machined terminals. Works flawlessly.IMG_2105.JPG

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those are nice where can I find those...eBay, Amazon?
https://gpcaraudio.com/gp-machined-parts/
(for the ones pictured)

Sky high car audio makes them (slightly different design) in aluminum and even better copper. They have them in designs so you can connect a bare wire or you another design where your wires can be connected by ring terminals.
http://skyhighcaraudio.com/search.php?search_query_adv=terminals

The problem I had with these was because of using a side post battery. These are quite heavy for what you are trying to secure on the side post. My posts were coming loose no matter what angle I attached them, (and I preferred the ones that mount around the posts). If you are still using a side post battery you will have trouble with the top ones. If you have a top post mount, then you have all of these options....

I (had a newer battery, and wanted to keep it so I) eventually found and went with;
www.boatsteer.com/battery.html
https://squareup.com/store/boat-steering-solutions-llc

These last ones have the terminal post hole in the center so the terminal itself has a more balanced, mounted weight to it. These have been working great for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts