What aux devices are compatible with 6-CD Head Unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working on Bluetooth receivers for 2002-2006 GMC Trucks/SUVs. For the head unit that does not have the 6-CD changer built in, I am able to fool the head unit into thinking I am an external 6-CD changer, so that the aux input can be selected. But that doesn't work with the head units that have the CD changer built in:
head_unit_with_6cd_changer.jpg
Does anyone know what external devices are compatible with this head unit, that you could select the "Aux" input?

Attachments

• head_unit_with_6cd_changer.jpg
    head_unit_with_6cd_changer.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 3

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other factory devices that can be connected to it are XM receiver and RSE DVD player. Actually, I'm not sure that is true for 2002, but it is for 2003-2006.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a good opportunity to consider a new head unit.
I have this on my list, but is a lower priority so far.

But, a new head unit would give you Sirius XM receiver built-in, Apple Car Play (or the Google stuff), Bluetooth and maybe even NAV functions.

Crutchfield has great prices and their consultants are really good for getting something that will work. They usually provide special adapters needed for plug and play install too.

Just a thought. I know we have to work with what we got sometimes and money doesn't grow on trees for everyone.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a couple. First one (which sounded the best) hijacked the XM but tapped a few wires on the back of the radio and gave a true 3.5mm aux input. I ended up plugging a bluetooth receiver into that. The second is this all in one device that also hijacks XM but has a slick tee harness at the actual XM radio in the glovebox. I don't know if I'm imagining it or there's either no or different DSP, but it doesn't sound as good as the other one which I've long since thrown out because I couldn't find the instructions and just haphazardly removed it.

Second device:
USA Spec BT45-VETTE Bluetooth Music & Phone Interface for GM Class2 Radios with XM (Satellite Radio) Capabilities

Neither of these are selectable via CD/Aux but rather XM.

OP
OP
clarkb

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Other factory devices that can be connected to it are XM receiver and RSE DVD player. Actually, I'm not sure that is true for 2002, but it is for 2003-2006.
Thanks, Doug. Exactly the info I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu