What are you guys detailing your Tahoes with...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was in Wally World today and saw so many options to choose from that i decided not to buy anything and just post the question on here. In the past, I have used an Armour All wash and Clay Bar afterwards but i am sure we have some detailers on here that can show us there magic. What do you clean with inside and out?

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shine supply at the moment. Might switch it up next time. I’ve been using their stuff for 2-3 years.

My favs would be their trim shine, tire dressing, vanilla bean interior spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time you use a clay bar you strip the paint of protection. Make sure you use a wax afterwards.

Using it that often really isn’t necessary any way. Maybe behind the wheel wells or around your exhaust but doing the entire car is a little much after a regular wash.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time you use a clay bar you strip the paint of protection. Make sure you use a wax afterwards.

Using it that often really isn’t necessary any way. Maybe behind the wheel wells or around your exhaust but doing the entire car is a little much after a regular wash.

Polish to "feed" the paint then Wax to seal it in.

I'm a fan of Meguiars.

Having said that... I haven't had time to detail my exterior yet, cleaned and waxed the hood just to see how the paint would recover. I bought a ceramic coating, but I haven't had time to try it yet... too cold out. When it warms up, I'll try to prep/clean/ceramic the yukon... having not used ceramic before I'm interested to see how it works.

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polish to "feed" the paint then Wax to seal it in.

I'm a fan of Meguiars.

Having said that... I haven't had time to detail my exterior yet, cleaned and waxed the hood just to see how the paint would recover. I bought a ceramic coating, but I haven't had time to try it yet... too cold out. When it warms up, I'll try to prep/clean/ceramic the yukon... having not used ceramic before I'm interested to see how it works.

I can live with that.

What products are some of your must haves? I’ve still got some old APC and hyper dressing. I was never a fan of the hyper dressing but the APC is great, I’ll order that again.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I love lexol for leather(sorry mequires)

Stoners invisible glass(aerosol, not pump doesn't seem to be the same)

Meguires has added a ton of stuff to their lineup. I use to use the Mirror Glaze line(tan bottles), apparently they have a few more options now(I haven't bought in a while.)

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I love lexol for leather(sorry mequires)

Stoners invisible glass(aerosol, not pump doesn't seem to be the same)

Meguires has added a ton of stuff to their lineup. I use to use the Mirror Glaze line(tan bottles), apparently they have a few more options now(I haven't bought in a while.)

Lexol seems to do ok but those spray nozzles sure suck. I just got some griots 3 in 1 for leather. I’ll try it out this week and report back.

Invisible glass is good stuff.

I bought a ton of the tan bottles over 10 years ago and that’ll be the last time I buy any polishing compounds. At this point I’ll pay to have it done every couple years and maintain it on my own. Doing it the correct way sure sucks.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol seems to do ok but those spray nozzles sure suck. I just got some griots 3 in 1 for leather. I’ll try it out this week and report back.

Invisible glass is good stuff.

I bought a ton of the tan bottles over 10 years ago and that’ll be the last time I buy any polishing compounds. At this point I’ll pay to have it done every couple years and maintain it on my own. Doing it the correct way sure sucks.

But doing it the correct way pays off in the end because the results are way better!

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But doing it the correct way pays off in the end because the results are way better!

Yes with the time, ability, and funds. If only we all had those covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons