Wet carpet in the cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henchgt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its the weatherstripping!!! I replaced the top hatch piece and the entire rear surround two years ago due to this issue in the cargo area. I also have the hatch/tailgate combo. The rubber looked good but was just worn after 16 years.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole glass piece is CRAP.

Mine let go at the hinge on the right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know if this is completely the case.

I have a rubber mat in the back of mine, the mat is dry but the carpet up under it soaking wet.

It almost seems as if it's running in through the spare tire compartment on the side, as its always soaked as well.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is completely the case.

I have a rubber mat in the back of mine, the mat is dry but the carpet up under it soaking wet.

It almost seems as if it's running in through the spare tire compartment on the side, as its always soaked as well.

At least its just water.

I bet if you look in there after a rain fall you will be able to see the water lines coming down from the roof. Probably along your rear pillars.

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I washed the truck yesterday, I didn't notice any water running in.

I took the cargo mat out and dried to carpet, put some baking soda down and towels under the mat.

It's never been more than damp, it's nothing I'm really concerned about. It's odd that I can't find the damned entry point! lol

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its from rear AC if you have it. i had some stuff sitting neext to the grille in the back pass side by the door and its all wet. carpet too

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way to correct the issue? What is it leaking? Water?

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

My carpet behind the front seats and even under the rear seats feels completely dry, it starts behind the wheel wells in the very back. It stays soaked back there.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get under the truck and look for a drainage tube in the back.

From my Walkie Talkie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo