Well, gonna sell it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mando6point2

Reaction score
What do you think this should list for? P0430 code comes up. Bank 2 catalytic converter issue. Verified by dealership and muffler shop. Cats are new. Oxygen sensors were test, it’s one of the cats. Truck runs perfect, just the stupid light comes on
If you have access to live data you should be able to watch the voltage reading from the secondary oxygen sensor. Should fluctuate at start up then when warm voltage should stay relatively in one place confirming the cat is doing its job once heated up. if voltage fluctuates even when warm with a known good sensor then you know the cat is doing a poor job even if new. Swapping the secondary oxygen sensors from right/left bank can help you rule out a faulty sensor even if its also new.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have access to live data you should be able to watch the voltage reading from the secondary oxygen sensor. Should fluctuate at start up then when warm voltage should stay relatively in one place confirming the cat is doing its job once heated up. if voltage fluctuates even when warm with a known good sensor then you know the cat is doing a poor job even if new. Swapping the secondary oxygen sensors from right/left bank can help you rule out a faulty sensor even if its also new.
I was watching the data and bank 1 compared to bank 2 was different. The sensors were swapped and the issue remained in bank 2.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s also 2wd and I’ve had a few issues already getting up my driveway with the snow and ice. I need a running start. I have a 2018 explorer eco boost police, and it crawls right up the drive way. I like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts