Weird shift issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

29tomt

Reaction score
if you do the MAF and it fixes your problem please report back or whatever it ends up being just for knowledge purposes.
I can add that my 03 Tahoe idled for a longest time like it had a bad plug or wire etc and one day the engine would not start and stay running. It finally did start and I went straight to the shop I do business with. They replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor and that truck runs like a new one now. Even the wife noticed how smooth it all runs. I had cleaned it with MAF cleaner but did not make any difference. Vehicle had over 170K on it at the time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can add that my 03 Tahoe idled for a longest time like it had a bad plug or wire etc and one day the engine would not start and stay running. It finally did start and I went straight to the shop I do business with. They replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor and that truck runs like a new one now. Even the wife noticed how smooth it all runs. I had cleaned it with MAF cleaner but did not make any difference. Vehicle had over 170K on it at the time.
YA when they go bad they can make the engine run like it has a misfire experienced that myself as well, they can make seemingly unrelated codes pop up I found most of this out when I had purchased a Granatelli performance maf came to find out quickly if you didn't keep it clean as a whistle it would throw codes left & right for all kinds of stuff, misfire, lean code, air codes, transmission codes, intake codes, evap codes, just completely random shit, got tired of it and put a oem back on and no codes lol

Tahoeyukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our 2000 is falling on its face it don't like to kick down unless you really crowd it and seems to have no power. Seems we may have a similar issue ours could be skipping to 3rd that would explain Part of our problem. If you get it figured out hit me up and let me know what you found out

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe old school test for a maf was with engine running tap maf sensor body with a small wack of a screwdriver handle and the engine should stumble then come right out of it. If the engine died then the maf is bad but this only worked on a particular internal fault of the maf. It wasnt a tell all.