Weird shift issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 2000 has around 160,000 on it and has always ran great. Well this summer I have worked a ton of overtime so it has sat for a few months. I went to drive it the other day and the battery was junk so I got a new one a fired it up. When i drove it I noticed it shifted to second gear really soon the it bogged down. It did this for the next few stops then was fine. I thought maybe its a fluke but today it did the same thing. It shoft to second to soon and boggs down till your up to speed but it also won't kick down if you floor it. But after a few stops and its fine

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
It’s going through a relearn procedure. First couple of shifts will be sloppy.

I should have read whole post, I stopped at then it was fine. It is going through relearn but I don’t think that bogging is a result of that. You can try to manually upshift it from 1st to see if it’s completing each shift. If it lost second and going straight to third that could be why it’s bogging.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s going through a relearn procedure. First couple of shifts will be sloppy.

I should have read whole post, I stopped at then it was fine. It is going through relearn but I don’t think that bogging is a result of that. You can try to manually upshift it from 1st to see if it’s completing each shift. If it lost second and going straight to third that could be why it’s bogging.

Sorry i forgot to add that. It manually shifts fine. And if it's bogging in 2 you can manually drop it to first and its fine

OP
OP
W

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it throwing any codes yet?
no codes but I took it for a drive today. After 6 minutes and 5 or 6 stops it was fine. But I did notice it ***** to fist really fast then it keeps trying to.up.shit thats what the bogging was i was in 3rd at 10 mph then it would bog almost stall the down shit. While all this was going on I keep my foot on the pedal at the same pressure to just let it do its thing and try to figure out what was going on. I'm lost on this one and don't know where to start trying to fix

OP
OP
W

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could it be a VSS . I thought it was something to do with just first and second but today it definitely just kept up shifting then would almost stall then would down shift. No CEL though

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I know you mention the oil is red and clean, when was the last time you did an tranny service?

Last edited: