Weird issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it also happen if you turn on headlights? Check battery (load test) and alternator in addition to what was already mentioned. Bad batteries do wonky things

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it isn’t the turn signal relay. Figured that was the quick and easy start. I’m getting ready to test the battery.....I will keep you all posted.....next I will pull all the bulbs......then turn signal switch. Took it to a GM tech and he said likely it was the turn signal switch

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update........had the battery and alternator tested.......both were good. I actually figured that it would be quicker and easier to just replace the turn signal switch before trying to check all the bulbs. Went to LKQ and pulled a switch. Was stoked to get to the register and get charged 18 bucks. Threw in the new switch (which is much easier to replace than I thought) and it fixed the problem. Thank you guys for the help!

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad it worked out for you, most of the time is something small but big enough to drive you crazy.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. The brake light is actually interrupted by the turn signal relay. If you look at the back of a vehicle that has a turn signal on and they hit the brakes you’ll see the side with the signal blinking doesn’t activate a brake light, and if the brake light is on first and then the turn signal is activated, you’ll notice the brake light is now a turn signal that’s flashing. It’s the same light/element.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick