Weird issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, looking for some insite.......started having this issue a few weeks ago and it is driving me bananas......first it started and couldnt get it to stop. It quit a fewdays later on its own.......well its back with a little different behavior. Now it will sometimes stop whe i cycle the blinkers........only sometimes......but return when i hit the brakes. Here is a short video of what iam dealing with.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be a ground issue, does the directional turn on? how about your hazard lights same behavior?

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything works as it should. Just the sound. I figure it was something, bad wire or relay. I really don’t know where to start......and don’t really want to randomly start replacing things.......like I said......sometimes I will cycle through the turn signal and it will stop.......until I hit the brakes, and it will start again. That is really the only consistent thing I have found about it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check ALL your bulb sockets, headlights, blinkers, running lights, brake lights, clean them up and bend the metal tabs in a little bit so the bulbs fit nice and snug, if that does not resolve the problem then try a new blinker relay and if that doesn't fix it then it could be a bad ground (somewhere) or maybe the blinker switch is going funky.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also seen turn signal switch gone bad.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if anything from the brake runs through the blinker switch? That's what had me thinking that it could be something else.
no idea myself, but the fact of applying the brake sends extra voltage to the rear bulbs/harness which leads to think it's probably something electrical and likely in the rear but the lights are interconnected throughout regardless.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if anything from the brake runs through the blinker switch? That's what had me thinking that it could be something else.

Not sure, I would definitely start with bulbs and clean sockets. Like @Doubeleive said it that behavior points to the rear light.

Last edited: