Weird brake issue 2015 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I might give my dealership a try then. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
It’s free to ask. I had the other thing done a few months ago and noticed the change. I lead the question to the dealer with “since the previous tsb work, it has had an issue.” No charge to check it out. Mechanic told the writer it was not a surprise to see this problem.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s free to ask. I had the other thing done a few months ago and noticed the change. I lead the question to the dealer with “since the previous tsb work, it has had an issue.” No charge to check it out. Mechanic told the writer it was not a surprise to see this problem.
Im wondering if them doing the software update for the brakes is the culprit as well. I've only driven it about 300-400 miles since the did it.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp. I've been so busy that I haven't taken mine back in to have it looked at. I think the TSB software update for the brakes is the culprit...

I did stop in and talk to the dealership and let them know that the problems have started since the TSB. I'll have to call on Monday and schedule an appointment I came off a power line row access road for work and puckered much more than I should have needed too. How long did they have your Tahoe to swap the pump?

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at the dealership now. They scanned it and did some type of pressure check and said my pump was bad as well. It's currently being replaced while I wait. I think he's almost finished, got here at 1:00pm and I think I'll be out no later than 3:30pm. If so, that's not too bad.

They did tell me that the updated software they reflashed on it before most likely caused the issue as my brakes were fine before. I guess they have had an ongoing issue with this and transmissions lately. They have three 2015 model trucks sitting here with blown transmissions, each with around 100k miles on them. One is actually my buddies company truck.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, brakes are feeling pretty good. Hopefully they keep working. Now onto other issues!

Mike N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@nglauer any more issues? I have a 2015 Yukon XL with 66k on it. We had the brake computer recall done a few years ago (?) and have never had problems until 2 days ago. Same exact problem that you experienced as well as what is described in the recall a few years ago.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vacuum pump. There’s a special policy that covers it for 150k miles on most 15-17s.