Brake pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartersj

Reaction score
Today while in our 2017 Yukon we were in a parking garage driving slow,, while pressing ******* the brake pedal it felt as if I was loosing pressure and getting a vibration sensation from the pedal. The pedal would get hard and would have almost no braking at all. I stopped and looked under for leaks but had none. Brake reservoir was still full as well. We parked for an hour and when we left it felt normal again. But I have lost confidence in the brakes till I figure it out. We had a recall done about the vacuum assist a couple years ago I believe it was now. Could this be acting up again? Or something else?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB about the vacuum pump failing. Ours did the same thing while parking. As far as I know it's a free repair....or at least it was for us 2 years ago. Don't delay on fixing

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
There is a TSB about the vacuum pump failing. Ours did the same thing while parking. As far as I know it's a free repair....or at least it was for us 2 years ago. Don't delay on fixing
After looking into this it seems we have all the same symptoms of a failing vacuum pump. I assumed the recall we already had done corrected this problem.

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
I called about having this looked at and the dealership told me there was no special coverage for it. They looked up my vin# and said nothing was outstanding to my number.

OP
OP
C

chartersj

Reaction score
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Take the paperwork from the last repair attempt and put a foot in someone's ass.
I did that when they failed to replace our a/c condenser last year when it started leaking and they still wouldn't do anything for me. I even contacted gm customer care with the special coverage number.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called about having this looked at and the dealership told me there was no special coverage for it. They looked up my vin# and said nothing was outstanding to my number.
I had to have my 2016 Hoe fixed twice. The second time I almost went threw a parking garage wall as it went out unexpectedly as I was approaching the wall. My bood pressure skyrocketed that day. Had it fixed the next day.

No charge from my GMC delaership in Broward County. Could be cause I give my advisor nice Christmas presents every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk