Weird brake issue 2015 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I had to back down a small grade. As I started backwards the brake pedal went front normal to hard to non existent. It was quite unnerving. I had some type of brake recall (programming) done on it after I bought it. I've noticed the brake pedal modulating weirdly down steep hills forward as well (slow speed). Perhaps it is normal?

Curious if anyone else has experienced this issue. Maybe it was a fluke.

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

stallion_412

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just have the brake booster vacuum pump replaced. It's not that expensive. Consider it a wear item.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a known recall, you can prob still have it done. Do it soon or oil gets up into the booster or something iirc

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a known recall, you can prob still have it done. Do it soon or oil gets up into the booster or something iirc
I had the recall done last month. It just started yesterday. I'll have to stop by the dealer and ask them.

Thanks,
Nick

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today I had to back down a small grade. As I started backwards the brake pedal went front normal to hard to non existent. It was quite unnerving. I had some type of brake recall (programming) done on it after I bought it. I've noticed the brake pedal modulating weirdly down steep hills forward as well (slow speed). Perhaps it is normal?

Curious if anyone else has experienced this issue. Maybe it was a fluke.

Thanks,
Nick

My 16 did something similar. It’s out of warranty, but dealer found a tsb and replaced items needed at no charge.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 16 did something similar. It’s out of warranty, but dealer found a tsb and replaced items needed at no charge.
I have 132,000mi on mine, I'd be shocked if they cover anything for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14