Weak engine mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdrolling

Reaction score
So far I love everything about our '21 Tahoe High Country 6.2L, except how the entire Tahoe moves when you start the engine.
It doesn't make any noise like possible lifter issues it just feels like I'm starting my Harley, once you hit the button the entire vehicle moves while the engine is starting.

Our build date is 6/21 so its recently built and has less than 600 miles. I own a 6.6L duramax that starts smooth and have plenty of other modern V8 vehicles that never felt like this when turning over.

First Tahoe, so is this common?

At first I thought maybe the dealer filled it with regular gas and not premium like the owner manual recommends for the 6.2L (pg 277 owners manual)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, I always wonder if the rig was road tested before buying, when these concerns crop up. If you did not, you should have. If you did, did you experience the same thing when you started it? Did this come on after you owned it for a while? Doesn't sound like it since you were worried that the dealer put regular gas in it and you must have been talking about the tank of gas that was in it when you took delivery.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Did you test drive it before buying?

Yes we test drove it but it wasn't as noticeable that one time and the tank was almost empty, compared to starting it multiple times a day now that we own it. The dealer filled it up before we left.

Drives fine, no issue there. It's just when we start it, the first week I figured if the dealer filled it with regular gas that it might smooth out after it's had some premium.

So far we have only added premium once when we were about half full since we had a long drive to go on, and once more when the tank was low.
So we haven't even gone through a full tank of premium only yet but I wanted to see if maybe the 6.2L was juts like this.

I'm guessing yours starts up nice and smooth?

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an old 5.3 that hums but it does start with a jolt. It could be that you were driving something like a transverse or 4/6 cylinder engine before? I know it's hard to take in everything with a short test drive. I usually drive them all over and only return them just before they call the cops.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Mine is an old 5.3 that hums but it does start with a jolt. It could be that you were driving something like a transverse or 4/6 cylinder engine before? I know it's hard to take in everything with a short test drive. I usually drive them all over and only return them just before they call the cops.

We traded my wife's 3.6l Grand Cherokee so this big V8 is a change for her, I have a 2018 Silverado 3500 6.6L diesel .

I asked the same question on the 2021 Tahoe facebook group and a few others said theirs's does the same so it looks like it's normal for this engine.

IMG_9842.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019