Waze on the main screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
Downloaded it, logged in, and it works great. Except......how the heck do I get out of metric and set it to imperial units of measure?!

I can do the conversions, but it'd be to have to set correctly.

Went to settings, no option to change this. When I check on my phone, it is set correctly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I open up WAZE on my phone, in the upper left corner of screen, there is 3 horizontal lines and if you tap on that, it has a Settings section. If I click on General, it opens and there is a section for distance units, in miles or km.

mplunk

Reaction score
Downloaded it, logged in, and it works great. Except......how the heck do I get out of metric and set it to imperial units of measure?!

Went to settings, no option to change this. When I check on my phone, it is set correctly.
I had this issue when i first downloaded Waze. Drove me insane. Don't know when it happened but it eventually changed after a few engine cycles.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thats interesting. I didn't even know Waze was a built in app

mplunk

Reaction score
Thats interesting. I didn't even know Waze was a built in app
With the new Google OS it is available. I like it because it makes it more integrated- shows up on the dash and the HUD if you have it set that way.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the new Google OS it is available. I like it because it makes it more integrated- shows up on the dash and the HUD if you have it set that way.
Gotcha. I'll check it out. I've grown accustomed to just using Airplay

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Do you need to do an update on the Google system or something for it to populate in the playstore ? I can't seem to find it and only can get it to populate when connected via auto Android

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Waze from my 23 Yukon screen "Googleplay Store" and it downloaded fine but was a little wonky (kilometers instead of miles). I then downloaded the app on my Iphone. Went to my vehicle, connected carplay and all is well. The app on my phone and the app on the Yukon screen seem to be connected and happy. I can make more adjustments from the phone app.

I like Waze quite a bit. Its almost overkill for me with Google maps, Apple maps, Waze, indash nav.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
The native Waze app in the infotainment screen is really slow to load and makes the infotainment seem really sluggish when it comes to hardware performance. Using Apple Carplay is like night and day for me when it comes to usability.

Though with the native app, it does work fine once everything loads but any changes on the fly are painful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10