water pump and power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i tackled replacing my water pump and power steering today. mainly needed to do the water pump as it started leaking and the bearing was shot. i did the power steering pump since it had some shaft play and i had already bought one. water pump was a cake walk except the 2 small hoses still wasn't too bad tho. power steering pump was ridiculous way too many bolts and crap going on. also the electronic valve was a little confusing but that was self inflicted. over thinking the process anyway. anyone else planning a power steering pump dont mess around and either rent or buy the correct puller.

watuzi

Reaction score
Yep yep, you need the GM puller. Harbor Freight has one for $30, it's well worth it. I just replaced mine, and getting that pulley back on was a PITA. And if you hear a whining noise when you start the Tahoe, don't panic the noise will go away hehehe. That's just the air in the system.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yep yep, you need the GM puller. Harbor Freight has one for $30, it's well worth it. I just replaced mine, and getting that pulley back on was a PITA. And if you hear a whining noise when you start the Tahoe, don't panic the noise will go away hehehe. That's just the air in the system.

Which harbor freight puller is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne