Water in Front Driver Side Floor Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone experienced water in the front driver side floor ? it happened twice sofar on my 15 denali yukon XL i see rain water in the weather tech floor liner. no idea yet where this is might be coming from.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely the door Jam unless on your model the heater core is on that side. I’ve never heard of water coming in through the grommets in the firewall but it’s an easy check. How often does this happen? Every time it rains? Heavy rain?

OP
OP
michiganlebnani
Reaction score
Is your headliner wet?
No I checked it because I thought it might be the sunroof but it’s not. I only see water on the front floor board. I have a weather tech floor liner and I lifted it up and the carpet is soaking wet underneath!!! No idea where is this dripping from but I looked again this morning and i saw few drops of water on the plastic trim near the emergency brake pedal leads me to believe its coming from above

OP
OP
michiganlebnani
Reaction score
Most likely the door Jam unless on your model the heater core is on that side. I’ve never heard of water coming in through the grommets in the firewall but it’s an easy check. How often does this happen? Every time it rains? Heavy rain?
It happened three times so far in the past two weeks ! So every time it rains doesn’t matter how heavy it is

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it still under warranty? If not check the seal around the firewall and under the cowl. Take a pitcher of water or a hose and add water from outside the door first then the cowl you can put a dry paper towel down to check each time. Better yet have someone else while you’re under the dash with a flashlight. Don’t write off the sunroof water can run to the A pillar and down behind the dash without staining the headliner.