washer fluid low, but it isn't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting a low washer warning for several months in my 2011 Denali XL. I have filled it, and it works fine in the front. But the rear sprayer won't put out fluid. I can hear the pump working when I push the rear sprayer button, but no fluid comes out.

Any ideas? This is the only problem I'm having currently, so I hate to take it to the dealer just for this.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I found one of the problems. The rear hose became disconnected under the hood--thanks, Google. I still am getting the low fluid warning even after filling it again. Ideas?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there AmazinglySmooth,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your 2011 Denali XL. I understand that you are looking to resolve this issue yourself without visiting the dealership. I might not be able to provide you with any technical advice but if you find that you have some lingering questions or concerns, please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other thing I could find on the 'net was to see if the unit was oriented correctly. I finally found the location of the sensor (just in front of the driver's side wheel well). It seems to be oriented correctly, so I suspect it just failed.

It would be less annoying if the message auto-cleared from the display, but instead you have to press the button if you want to ignore it.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's doing that too. I tried banging on the resivoir to dislodge the float but it didn't work. It'll go in for service this week. I'm past 36k so i'm sure it won't be covered under warranty :(

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi doubletapdrew,

I am sorry that you are currently experiencing this difficulty with your Yukon Denali. I can understand how you would be hesitant to go to a dealership while out of warranty and I would be happy to contact them on your behalf to provide an extra layer of assistance. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information if you would be interested.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
GM Customer Care

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi doubletapdrew,

I am sorry that you are currently experiencing this difficulty with your Yukon Denali. I can understand how you would be hesitant to go to a dealership while out of warranty and I would be happy to contact them on your behalf to provide an extra layer of assistance. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information if you would be interested.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
GM Customer Care

Thanks for the offer but I work at a GMC dealership so I'll just have the shop take a look when they get time.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi doubletapdrew,

You are welcome. Thank you for the response and letting us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)
GM Customer Care

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got mine fixed yesterday. The sensor was bad. The sensor was about $19 and the labor was a little under 2hrs. It's at the bottom of the resivoir so they had to pull the battery and the resivoir to get to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robyagle