09 Yukon rear window washer fluid sprayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything works on this thing except the rear window washer fluid sprayer. I can hear the sprayer motor but no juice on the glass. Yes there is fluid in the reservoir. The windshield washer on front works great. Anyone have any ideas?

labmom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2015 , the hose under hood somehow got disconnected, so start there. Get someone to press the button while looking for any leaks

CaptainMurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are 2 connections to look at, under the hood and rear corner panel. They are solid hoses that just slide into a flexible rubber hose. Disconnect one to see if fluid comes out when pumping. If it does pump, check the outlet on the rear glass for gummed up fluid.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They mentioned it above but the same thing recently happened on my 2008 Trailblazer SS. The motor was working fine and plenty of fluid in the reservoir. The issue was the hose under the hood. Once I reconnected it, the rear window washer fluid sprayer was working again.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all of the above. Had it happen on my 2008. It will empty the reservoir pretty quickly FYI. I found out because a puddle showed up by the driver front tire. Disconnected by the LH inner fender. I don't recall the hose diameter (3/16"?), but if needed, some flexible black hose from the hardware store will work if needed to make a connection to the hard line.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all of the above. Had it happen on my 2008. It will empty the reservoir pretty quickly FYI. I found out because a puddle showed up by the driver front tire. Disconnected by the LH inner fender. I don't recall the hose diameter (3/16"?), but if needed, some flexible black hose from the hardware store will work if needed to make a connection to the hard line.
This is why I don't think its disconnected, at least at the front. Because surely it would leak out and Id go through fluid or notice it. I will check it all though. Thanks for the info!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I don't think its disconnected, at least at the front. Because surely it would leak out and Id go through fluid or notice it. I will check it all though. Thanks for the info!
I did not notice mine leaking on the ground either. However, I can't say that I held the pump on for 30 or 40 seconds, either.

labmom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your hoses are connected, use a needle or toothpick and see if there is dirt clogging up where it's supposed to spray out

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are 2 pump motors, 1 for front and 1 for rear
have a helper press the rear button while you listen near the reservoir tank. if the pump does not engage then it's gone bad. if it engages and nothing sprays out then there is a leak or pinched tube or clogged up somewhere. some of the rear line goes thru the rear hatch
**also sometimes the motors crack, usually then it leaks but it's possible it could be sucking air if it's cracked in the right spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645