Warm ac at idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i totally redid my system so i know there is no leak and enough coolant. I'm assuming that the stock belt driven fan isnt moving enough air to cool it? Can anyone confirm this or have other ideas?
Has anyone switched to electric fans to fix this?

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized i also dont have the plastic fan shroud on, i bet thats what it is!

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could definitely be what it is. But, if extended idle, mine gets warm too. The belt driven fan isn't the most efficient for the AC system. And I think the older system design isn't as efficient. Newer cars have an overall better system.

I have one of these, just need to wire it up. You likely have the holes to install it already. I'm not sure what models this was available on. What I"m not sure about is how to wire it in. I've thought about having it trigger any time the AC button is depressed in the dash, but then it's even running while cruising, which it isn't needed, although I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything. Fan.png

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could definitely be what it is. But, if extended idle, mine gets warm too. The belt driven fan isn't the most efficient for the AC system. And I think the older system design isn't as efficient. Newer cars have an overall better system.

I have one of these, just need to wire it up. You likely have the holes to install it already. I'm not sure what models this was available on. What I"m not sure about is how to wire it in. I've thought about having it trigger any time the AC button is depressed in the dash, but then it's even running while cruising, which it isn't needed, although I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything. View attachment 257203
I think im gonna switch to electric when i do my ls swap

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SS- To verify It can cool while idleing, gently fog the radiator with a hose. If it cools then you know. And usually about 3x better with a shroud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts