Wanting to upgrade to 35x12.50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brock

Reaction score
"Done did it" on my truck. Did ALOT of cutting plastic + had to cut metal & move the washer reservoir out. Think I have the tires to clear, but have not been off road for an accurate test.

geoffsZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your interested, i just removed a 6inch superlift from my 07 z71 two weekends ago and i am trying to figure out what i am gonna do with it. The lift is the spacer kit, not the version with the coilovers. I also have a set of 325/60/20 terra grapplers with about 3000k miles on them. that tire size translates to about 35.13x13. I had them on the car and there was minor rubbing with that suspension setup and 20x9 with +18 offset wheels.

I will speak to the fact that you are going to have a very heavy application of sawzall if you attempt the 2.5 spacer with a body lift. a body lift on the new tahoes will probably be a nightmare on the new tahoe with the way the bumpers are set up and the trailer hitch will present an issue.

PM me if you are interested in the lift/tires . I am actually about to put the lift up on ebay.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reviewing the instructions for the bodylift, I did not think it would be that big of a deal. It is more work than than any body lift I have ever done, but if only a couple inches are needed for better clearance, the price makes it worth the time. I am tool maker by trade and have full access to an aerospace fab shop, so it would be no big deal to modify the front or rear bumpers and still be able to tow when I am done. I understand not everybody has these capabilities, but none the less, there are plenty of fab shops around the country that would weld the rear bumper so it would be safer for towing.

I would agree that with +18 offset there would be way too much cutting to make them fit, more than likely would actually have to cut the front bumper cover where it would be noticable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n