Wanting to go 28s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Pearson 3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up everyone? I have a denali that I was going to go 26s on but I would rather go 28s due to the fact the truck will no longer be my daily driver after 3/2019. I am switching from air ride to coilovers I don't wanna cut my truck just in case I don't like the ride and want to go lower again. Can this be done by coilovers alone? Or will I have to cut? Will it rub?

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve given us very vague info so I’m gunna pick your brain with questions that might help us and yourself in your decision making.

What size tire? 8’s are somewhat irrelevant, it’s the overall height of tires that’s gunna be a big factor of fitment.

What’s the offset of the wheels you planning on running? +25-31mm is common fitment in OEM style wheels and have good results for fitment. Anything less than 20-0 is going to be tighter but can be done. If you’re trying to do bro-doser negative offset then you’re gunna be cutting and planning on copious amounts of negative camber to clear.

How do you plan on doing coil overs? The front is pretty well documented, but I’ve only seen the rear done once and that was for drag racing where everything was moved inboard from the frame. If you plan on using the stock shock mounts in the rear I have doubts that they are load bearing enough to withstand the full weight of the vehicle.

How low do you wanna get? 6” drop in the rear is the limit without notching the frame. Some say 7” but I’ve taken measurements and I don’t see how it could ride well with little of travel. Luckily with 28’s even the most rubber band tires will fill the fenders nicely if that’s what you’re going for. If you’re trying to get 2wd Silverado slammed on 8’s you’re going to be doing some fab work and cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE