Wanting a PPV for the wrong reasons.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I know a few people with ppv Tahoe’s and none of us try and be cops. Not sure what wig wag wires are either... sounds like your upset about people driving ppv Tahoe’s. :rolleyes:

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
That pink one is for the *******. Prly got a free wrap job for the cause.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here go so far as to 'impersonate' a police vehicle. Truthfully not sure of the fascination, but it goes beyond these PPV's, as the last 10 years or so the trends kids have been doing is putting strobes on their cars. Even if its a Dodge Neon, it still can be considering impersonating a law enforcement officer.......still not even sure why its legal in some states as long as the strobes are used "off road". Although most states define what color lights you can have facing specific direction, which really eliminates the chance of someone doing something stupid. For instance, in NC you can only have red or amber lights visible from the rear, and your forward driving lights can only be white or yellow/amber. Hence, no red or blue facing forward.

Another thing to consider when you are looking at the bigger forums like this one, different color strobes mean different things in different regions. For instance, fire departments use red/blue up north.......where as we use red down here in the south. I've seen a few volunteers with fire dept's on here keep their strobe setups to use when responding to calls.

Joe Donuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased mine for the performance. Once I got it i took all the cop stuff out push bumper, consoles, mounts, spotlight, etc. and replaced it with carpeting and the civilian equivalent.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine since I'm basically contractually obligated to as a Chevy Fleet/Gov sales person, and also because I'm legally allowed to have and use lights.