Want to level the Tahoe but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a stock height Tahoe Lt non air ride. I want to lower the rear of it a bit . My measurements are 1.75 inches difference. With that, the 2 inch drop in the rear is out of the question cause I want a little rake as I tow my boat and also a 4 wheeler trailer. Not using bags either as I had them already on a Toyota and don't want to go that route. What are my other options? I would love about a 1.5 rear drop. Also, if you drop just the rear, how does that effect the warranty? I only have 4500 miles on it and already had a yoke with a bad seal.

Btw, you guys with 2/3 and 2/4 drops , they look sick. That is the real route I would love to go but it is not practical for me and have 96000 more miles of warranty.

Thanks,
Ryan

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get 2" springs with a 0.5" spacer. Or you could cut the springs...

OP
OP
B

BBB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I go with a 2" spring, which manufacturer? I would like to have a stock like ride.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I go with a 2" spring, which manufacturer? I would like to have a stock like ride.

Belltech rear 2 inch springs
belltech 1 inch spacer
belltech shock extenders

Total is $300 shipped that will keep the rear of your truck about .75 higher than front.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am looking to do this, but could live with no rake...how much for just the rear springs and shock extenders (they are required right?).

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am looking to do this, but could live with no rake...how much for just the rear springs and shock extenders (they are required right?).

No rake on these trucks looks like the rear is sagging. Just an FYI.

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with no rake, any time you put something in it or passengers its gonna look over loaded

OP
OP
B

BBB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up getting a kit of springs, spacers, and shocks from Tony. It dropped it a hair over an inch in the rear. It left my Tahoe with 3/4 " rake which I think is perfect for a Tahoe for a leveled look. The ride is like stock and it doesn't feel as top heavy when cornering.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ended up getting a kit of springs, spacers, and shocks from Tony. It dropped it a hair over an inch in the rear. It left my Tahoe with 3/4 " rake which I think is perfect for a Tahoe for a leveled look. The ride is like stock and it doesn't feel as top heavy when cornering.

that is the same kit i quoted him above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe