Love my new Tahoe RST but want something better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdTom

Reaction score
Hi guys! Interesting conversation. I’m actually thinking seriously about ordering a 2024 RST next month but now you have me second guessing. My thoughts were that 99% of the time I wouldn’t need the off-road amenities, tires and such. I do like the wheels and the overall look of the Z71. Not wild about the wheels on the RST. I knew the standard RST wasn’t loaded but thought it had what I would require. I have a 2016 Tahoe LT I bought new, don’t remember the last time the four wheel drive was engaged.

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi from Florida. After many years of Silverados I needed something a little shorter to fit in the driveway. Bought a RST in January. I like what is has but, I miss what it does not have. I was spoiled by my last Silverado, a LTZ Z71. Already shopping again. I will appreciate any tips on what to look for/avoid. I am thinking Tahoe LTZ.
I am so glad I am not the only person who is thinking this way. My heart was set on purchasing the RST as well, (with the performance package), When I test drove it I was disappointed that it does not offer a sunroof, vented seats , or a heads up display. All things my 16 Yukon Denali have and my 14 Camaro SS have. I have asked if the 24 models will offer this but nobody seems to have an answer. It seems impossible to find a z71 with a 6.2. As much as I wanted the Tahoe I’m starting to fall back to the Yukon.

Robjob44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 23 rst with the lux package. I knew before hand the features it was missing. The big one is heads up display. I sold cars for about 10 years and even Grand Prix’s had heads up back in 2000, my wife’s accord has it, and the nissan pathfinder she had did too. I would not buy an RST without the memory seats, that would be a deal breaker for just shy of 70k. There should be a package that combines the sporty-ness of the RST and ”true” luxury of a premier/HC.

My main concern is the 22 inch pizza cutters in NY winters lol

mgorman87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 23 Tahoe RST with the 6.2L. only thing it's missing is heads up display and the rear view mirror camera. I have zero complaints so far after about 500 miles.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading these posts makes my decision for my 2020 RST even better. It had 18k miles on it when I got it last year. Heated/Cooled seats, blind spot mirrors, HUD, sunroof, trailer brakes controller, memory for mirrors, seat, steering wheel and pedals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts