All the same but different-ial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplurbz

Reaction score
So, rear end is makin hella noise. Like, cat in a dryer noise. Lifted the rear off the ground, put'er in drive, little tap tap tap-o-rue on the gas and it was so angry.

Took a look at my RPO in the ol'glove box, peeped the GT4 and deduced I got a 3.73 8.5" thats not long for this world. So I went ahead and ordered this. Good thing its black friday. Might as well replace them axles while im at it...and it looks like they will cost just as much if not more than the diff.

But as I believe the GT4 indicates, and that order states, its a 8.5". My problem is- it appears my options for those are limited.

A lot that I pull up note its for a 9.5" rear end. Even the AC Delco ones.

Wondering if thats just a coverall and will fit an 8.5" or do i have to be damn sure Im not gonna blow $500+ on sticks that aint gonna fit.

Good god I rebuilt a Crown Vic rear end and the axles cost me like, $150 for a set. People apparently proud of these things.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sure would help to get vehicle info. Or, is every single 2007-2014 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade on the road the exact same set of differentials? Just looking at the links may answer my questions but I like the info up front.

OP
OP
cplurbz

cplurbz

Reaction score
Sure would help to get vehicle info. Or, is every single 2007-2014 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade on the road the exact same set of differentials? Just looking at the links may answer my questions but I like the info up front.

...Coulda sworn I had a signature that once had that. '07 Hoe base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019