Want a fast Denali AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it simple initially, particularly if you are currently budget constrained.

Place a phone call to Black Bear Performance and discuss your short-term and long-term desires, and they will give you some sage advice. @BlackBearPerf

A Black Bear Performance tune can be done right now remotely by email, and it can be subsequently adjusted for free, each time that you make a mod in the future that would benefit from a tune adjustment.

The difference in performance improvement, both motor and transmission, is really significant with a Black Bear Performance tune.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it simple initially, particularly if you are currently budget constrained.

Place a phone call to Black Bear Performance and discuss your short-term and long-term desires, and they will give you some sage advice. @BlackBearPerf

A Black Bear Performance tune can be done right now remotely by email, and it can be subsequently adjusted for free, each time that you make a mod in the future that would benefit from a tune adjustment.

The difference in performance improvement, both motor and transmission, is really significant with a Black Bear Performance tune.
Right on, we would be happy to help!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of a non VVT cam to go more aggressive, but like others say....not sure what you can do in CA! I’m in northern MN and I don’t even know what a smog test is all about!

No reason to delete the VVT. The only people who say to delete it are scared of it because they don't know how to tune it properly. The VVT has the ability to get the power down low where you need it with a smaller cam that doesn't trash the drivability. To get what you can accomplish with the VVT out of a bigger cam you're going to need a torque converter, headers, etc. and you won't make power until 3k RPM (meaning it'll be slower than stock until you get to 3k RPM) which also isn't good for towing.

OP
OP
F

fngh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to be able to do much and still meet CA emissions requirements. My suggestion if the emissions requirements aren't an issue would be an AFM hardware delete with a mild VVT cam which will probably get you 30hp and make it reliable for a long time to come.
great point sir. I honestly did not consider that. I moved here from AZ where basically anything goes, and this is my first car registered here. Sh%t! Lol, this may be a lot of work. Thanks man!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
No reason to delete the VVT. The only people who say to delete it are scared of it because they don't know how to tune it properly. The VVT has the ability to get the power down low where you need it with a smaller cam that doesn't trash the drivability. To get what you can accomplish with the VVT out of a bigger cam you're going to need a torque converter, headers, etc. and you won't make power until 3k RPM (meaning it'll be slower than stock until you get to 3k RPM) which also isn't good for towing.

I just like the way a more aggressive cam sounds is all and would be willing to sacrifice low end for the big cam lopey idle. :D Bah-rohm...bah-Rohm..bah-rohm.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks everybody! Really appreciate it! So much! Well looks like I learned some things today. I suppose the biggest lesson is how far do I wanna go, and what can I afford? Thanks all, mike

We are here for you.

Try to always carefully 'plan' your future mods, so that you can also carefully plan on how you will pay for them. As many folks here on this Forum can attest, the costs of mods can get way out of hand really quickly, if not carefully planned.

And, while everybody here will love to help you spend your money, don't count on any of us to contribute to your monetary fund to achieve your mods. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts