volant air scoop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your right, i have the exact same set up and i love it. I does have a nice aggressive sound to it. The scoop was a pain in the ass to install because its so bulky but nice. Do notice alittle more power when it is cold out. Not sure if they make some sorta prefilter for that kind of filter but if they do let me know

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it could mcr, you would just have to fab some kind of coupler to attach the air scoop to. On the volant there is a hole in the bottom with a collar that the scoop attaches to. The attachement is a rubber boot with 2 ring clamps (same found on almost all intakes)

Snowkon, the prefilter is just what volant sells, its a micro mesh sock that goes over the powercore filter. Did you mean a prefilter that goes in the scoop?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would avoid ram air kits. There is no empirical data that shows that they work, and doing the math on the physics, doesn't add up. If a ram air system really worked, there would be less vacuum in the manifold at wide open throttle at high speeds. We haven't seen any difference in manifold vacuum with a ram air over any other intake.

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say ram air JB what do you consider ram air? The volant kit really isn't a ram air IMO, just picks up air from outside the engine bay, theres still too many twists and turns for it to be a "ram air" scoop.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really anything that pulls in and causes turbulence at a joint:

images

images

Tonzq064T-aGJQqPd__NRBN0sp9keK5mpHQlBaWdG3nUbpitVr.jpg

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say ram air JB what do you consider ram air? The volant kit really isn't a ram air IMO, just picks up air from outside the engine bay, theres still too many twists and turns for it to be a "ram air" scoop.

Same sentiment here, don't consider the kit as creating positive pressure behind the TB enough to gain measurable power, but rather pulling cooler air in from outside of the engine bay.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We haven't seen any difference in IATs either FWIW

What was your IAT range when you had your MP112 and under what conditions? Radix underhood temps are going to be much higher than N/A (obviously), so I would expect to see a benefit to pulling the air from outside of the engine bay in such an application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick