Video on main radio screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgracin72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way to bypass the safety switch that prevents the video from playing on the front screen when the vehicle is in motion? Wife would like to watch movies with the kids when we're on long road trips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a safe way to go. I’ve never heard of anyone doing that successfully with stock equipment you might ask a mobile audio shop but even if it’s for the passenger I’m sure I’d find myself watching

Reaction score
Isn't there something called "Lockpick" that hooks up to the OE radio to allow this and also viewing the backup camera when not in reverse?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Reaction score
That Lockpick seems interesting, but don't like how some of the options are timed then go back to stock unless re-activated.

For example, while driving I want the person in the passenger seat to enter nav address. I got to scroll through the menu using steering wheel controls and DIC display to enable that feature and it'll only work for 60 seconds. If they are slow or if we want to use it for another destination I have to scroll through the menu and enable it again.

It'd be nice if it would remember your choice and be that way by default until you disabled it (nav-on-the-go), etc.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe