Vette survo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Standard servo from Oregon off ebay is fine. I have another one sitting around just in case I screwed one up, get yo ***** ass up here and I'll even install it for ya.

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is stock height at the moment. I just put the front on ramps and took off the heat shield. It was about a 30 min job at the most.. and that was with letting the new servo soak a little in the new fluid.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I am assuming you did this yourself... did you have the truck on the rack? how long did it take you?

Ty,

I did mine about four months ago and it took me like 45min and that was just because it was all new territory and I didn't want to jack anything up. I could do it in like 30min no problem now that I know what I am doing. You don't need a lot of clearance, just enough to get under the truck. A lift would certainly be nice but I did mine in the driveway and just jacked it up(and used jack stands-wink') then scooted my fat ass under there.

It's odd though, I installed the servo and drove with it for about a month then dropped my pan and changed my trans filter and switched to RP, about a week later I started getting a high pitched squeal when it shifted from 1st to 2nd under full throttle. It shifts fine and just squeals like pressure is being released or something(or someone is squeezing a mouse really hard) and there is no shift issues or squealing when I drive normal. It only happens if I really jump on it and ride first out. I thought maybe I did something when I dropped my pan but I dropped my pan again last weekend to change the filter and out put the last 5qts of RP in(I didn't want to do a flush so I went with changing the fluid twice as recommended by RP in another thread) and double checked everything and it's all good.

It has to be the servo but it was not making noise until AFTER I changed the fluid/filter........... and aside from the squeal it's working perfect.

Anyone have any ideas?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
see, stories like that are why I am super sketchy on doing any sort of tranny work. I cannot afford a new transmision and my warranty is done. I would be ****** if the tranny went out and I would just want to kill myself if I was the reason my tranny blew

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Just make sure it doesn't leak and keep an eye on your trans temp gauge, not a big deal. That sort of mentality won't get you anywhere sucka, just bolt that shit up and don't worry about it.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
there are only two things that could break on this truck that worry me. The tranny, and a cracked block... obviously not worried about the cracked block so the tranny is all thats left.

My truck doesnt have a trans temp gauge either... which is gay because the tranny is set up for it. cheap ass GM!

I might end up doing it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper