Vette servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98029 Conor before you tell me stupid question dont give me anything to make fun of you.

Don't you think that Conor was thinking that his OWN question was going to sound stupid, not yours?

Now *I* have a stupid question -- How will this servo make the "new" 6-speed tranny in an '09 Tahoe feel? I really don't like this tranny, coming from an '02 Tahoe where I never thought twice about the shifting. This tranny lugs going up hills, then downshift too far (imo) when you give it more gas up those hills. It also surges when coming to stops from slow speeds. Maybe I'm just still not used to it, but I don't think I like it.

Would this servo accentuate the "problems," or do you think it'll help solve them? Will the firmer shifts FEEL harder, or do the firmer shifts translate to a more SMOOTH, surer feel? Is this something you don't want to install if you don't beat on your truck (is this mod better suited for someone who races his truck only)?

Thanks!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this servo is not for the new 6-spd trans. I do not believe there is one out yet(could be wrong)I recall someone on another board looking into the possibility of swapping parts from the new vette, but have no read if it worked or not.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98029

Here is a good write up on installing the servo. Thanks for the responses. Conor before you tell me stupid question dont give me anything to make fun of you.
GM introduced the 4L60E tranny in 1982 and has been used on nearly every rear wheel drive application C/K Truck, Sonoma, Jimmy, Tahoe, Yukon, Astro, Safari, Suburban, Bravada, Firebird, Camaro,Corvette, etc... Not a new generation thing.

Sorry bro, I just meant that I had a stupid question to ask you. I was more curious about if this is a mod I can do on my 07. No offence by any means.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this servo is not for the new 6-spd trans. I do not believe there is one out yet(could be wrong)I recall someone on another board looking into the possibility of swapping parts from the new vette, but have no read if it worked or not.

That's what a buddy of mine (who's in the know) said as well. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211