Very high mileage Tahoe for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcb2

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been looking at purchasing another Tahoe or Yukon and in my price range have mostly been looking at 2010-2012 models. Last night I ran across a 2017 Tahoe that looks brand new but has 200k miles on it. VERY competitive price. Somehow the Carfax is completely blank except for yearly registration. I didn’t plan on getting one with that kind of mileage but the options on it and the price are making me think. It is located cross country from me so I would have to buy it without driving it and have it shipped to me. Is this something I should stay away from?

A gambler wouldn’t take the bet because it seems like a 50-50. It could be either the best deal or the worst deal. Chances are that with the interior well-maintained the drivetrain would also be well-maintained. At 100K miles per year, this was driven significant distances every day. As others have stated, it was used for business pickup/delivery, personnel shuttle or a rental. There should be maintenance records and a clean Car Fax. Without them, it’s like tossing a coin to find out if you’re a winner or loser.

And an additional significant cost is the transportation of with you going on a trip to get it or having it shipped. My advice from here in New Jersey is to “fagetaboutit!”

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s just outside Seattle Washington. It’s a Z71 midnight edition and it’s loaded with everything except rear bucket seats which I don’t mind. They have it priced at $16,900. I don’t normally buy stuff like this, but this thing is beautiful. Miles are high, but price is also great for what it is.
Seems like a high asking price to me, considering the miles on it. I'd try to buy it around $10K or less...

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about the miles, but not being able to see it in person and take it for a test drive would scare me more. They always look better in the pics than in person.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miles wouldnt scare me.

I wouldn't be worried about the miles, but not being able to see it in person and take it for a test drive would scare me more. They always look better in the pics than in person.

Miles would not scare me either but I must ALL service records and have it checked out by a good independent mechanic [or a dealer with excellent service reviews] before buying it. Buying sight unseen would not work for me.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been looking at purchasing another Tahoe or Yukon and in my price range have mostly been looking at 2010-2012 models. Last night I ran across a 2017 Tahoe that looks brand new but has 200k miles on it. VERY competitive price. Somehow the Carfax is completely blank except for yearly registration. I didn’t plan on getting one with that kind of mileage but the options on it and the price are making me think. It is located cross country from me so I would have to buy it without driving it and have it shipped to me. Is this something I should stay away from?
yeah if can get it for 7k Don't wire any money my uncle got scammed for 15k sucks for him

but do the transaction in person Air fares are pretty cheap now days

Last edited:

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could look around too. I just found a jet black 2016 Tahoe 4x4 139,000 miles ex-police, CLEAN, for $10.9 USD.

Found another ex police but this one is extra nice with an LT interior (auto climate control) and nice wheels. 118,000 miles. Asking $19.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tjd3004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I tried getting in touch with the dealer a few times with no success so I decided to pass.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could look around too. I just found a jet black 2016 Tahoe 4x4 139,000 miles ex-police, CLEAN, for $10.9 USD.

Found another ex police but this one is extra nice with an LT interior (auto climate control) and nice wheels. 118,000 miles. Asking $19.
police cruisers tend to have heavy wear and tear since it's stop,go and idle
= lower price

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Most police stations will allow in person transaction with officer present. If they are a scammer they won’t show. Just call ahead and ask the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk