Use older IR headphones with new RSI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

husker_fan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate and am starting to regret this enormous purchase because of the RSI screen situation.

The Bluetooth headphones it came with are very unreliable for connecting and I have bought several other Bluetooth headphones that don't connect consistently.

Is it possible to use the old style IR headphones with this system? Has anyone or can some try?

I called GM and they were clueless.

I have young children who could easily use the system in our old 2018 Suburban.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM phones on the 2021 are IR, although BT can also be used. Make sure nothing blocks the transmitter on the lower portion of the passenger side screen.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate and am starting to regret this enormous purchase because of the RSI screen situation.

The Bluetooth headphones it came with are very unreliable for connecting and I have bought several other Bluetooth headphones that don't connect consistently.

Is it possible to use the old style IR headphones with this system? Has anyone or can some try?

I called GM and they were clueless.

I have young children who could easily use the system in our old 2018 Suburban.
you can get a generic one off of ebay or amazon for cheap and try it, if it doesn't work then return it

OP
OP
H

husker_fan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to confirm, the latest advise to my question if anyone has tried this is to just try it myself?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm, the latest advise to my question if anyone has tried this is to just try it myself?
unless some one else comes along that has tried it already then yes, I have 1 headphone that came with my 12 and it's never been used, I have mine setup to play on all screens so we all watch it and no need for headphones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr