Usb cigarette lighter replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use my cigarette lighter for anything other than plugging in a phone charger. I'm thinking of taking those out and just replacing the unit with a direct USB charger. Had anyone here done that?

Looking at something like this.

YONHAN Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Charger Socket, Waterproof Aluminum Power Outlet Fast Charge with LED Voltmeter & Wire Fuse DIY Kit for 12V/24V Car Boat Marine ATV Bus Truck and MoreYONHAN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXH5ZZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AJGoEbEYDTRD7

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I have:

F56E7C01-E7F7-4E24-8BFA-C99D0CE16D5F.jpeg
It replaces the cigarette lighter piece entirely. 765728A2-009D-4C20-BBB5-FC18A6450D03.jpeg
Super easy install. Clip the factory pigtail off the back of the cigarette lighter, and splice in the two wires from the USB port, and it’s ready to roll with power. Only thing I had to do was widen out the plastic bezel that the cigarette lighter fits into in the dash bezel. The USB port I bought was just slightly larger in diameter than the cigarette lighter. But an extra few minutes with a file took care of that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use my cigarette lighter for anything other than plugging in a phone charger. I'm thinking of taking those out and just replacing the unit with a direct USB charger. Had anyone here done that?

Looking at something like this.

YONHAN Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Charger Socket, Waterproof Aluminum Power Outlet Fast Charge with LED Voltmeter & Wire Fuse DIY Kit for 12V/24V Car Boat Marine ATV Bus Truck and MoreYONHAN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXH5ZZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AJGoEbEYDTRD7

That looks pretty cool. I did what Nathan did and then went back to stock and bought two different flush mount, plug in, dual USB adapters. Well, neither is flush enough to close the factory doors but three years later they are still working. My phone mount has several USB ports and the power cord for that plugs into one cigar lighter and the dash cam the other. The portable ones come out when the kids are riding along in the back.