usb cable routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relaxojimmy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a really nice iPhone mount that attaches to the back of the sliding infotainment screen... I would like to use the USB connection in the hidden storage compartment behind the screen. has anyone figured out a good way to route the cord? I can't see a good way to get it to come out through the dash panels... thanks in advance for your advice.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Curious to see how this mount looks. I don't use the USB behind the screen, but rather have a separate circuit run under my dash with a 12v plug and charger. USB snakes up behind the start button, behind/next to driver vent and comes out at the top where my mount is attached to the silver area to the left of the "unibrow" trim piece atop the screen. Imagine you could do similar but route it a little differently for this use case?

OP
OP
R

relaxojimmy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... the USB behind the screen runs car play, as do a few others, but I was hoping to have the cord come out near this magnet.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 17

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... the USB behind the screen runs car play, as do a few others, but I was hoping to have the cord come out near this magnet.
you would have to remove the trim panel and feed the cable in from behind the mount under the edge of the dash to make it look clean, might have to dremel a small spot or squeeze the cable depending on where you can fit it thru. not a big deal to dremel it if you decided to change it later or go to sell it the trim panel can be replaced easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed