Upgrading a new to me 08 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cole Pruett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to forum and to owning a Tahoe.

So a month ago, I found an 08 Tahoe PPV. It had most of the brackets for police equipment and was pretty dirty, but I was looking for something cheap that I could upgrade.

I have now spent a few weekends cleaning, painting, and visiting the junkyards accumulating parts to put on.

So far I have done the following:

Mechanical:
Oil change
Transmission flush
4.10 gears and full differential rebuild
KandN intake
Cabin filter
Ac charge
Spark plugs
Seafoam fuel, oil, TB, and through vacuum line
Cross drilled and slotted brake upgrade
Belltech drop kit (front spindles, struts, springs)(rear springs, drop bracket, and shocks)
Upper and lower moog control arms
New tierods

Cosmetic:
22" TBSS wheels
Custom sanded and paint mirror caps with chrome bottom trim
Custom painted chrome door handles
New android 10 navigation head unit with camera
12" pioneer sub and amp
Pioneer door replacement speakers all around
Sound deadening to all 5 doors and floor
Center console
Replacement a pillars

20201018_141530.jpg 20201021_172550.jpg 20201021_172547.jpg 4826.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome. Looks good. Post up some interior shots when you can. Do you know where it was in service? Find any goodies in it? Guys usually find a bullet or 2 in the old ppvs.

OP
OP
C

Cole Pruett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. This forum has been very helpful with info so I thought I would start sharing to contribute

I was hoping to find some old police stuff, but I didn't. Just dirt and spilled food.

It was a New Mexico service vehicle. The stock intake was full of dirt so it may have spent some time by the border

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you. This forum has been very helpful with info so I thought I would start sharing to contribute

I was hoping to find some old police stuff, but I didn't. Just dirt and spilled food.

It was a New Mexico service vehicle. The stock intake was full of dirt so it may have spent some time by the border
Still cool to have a ppv. I'm surprised you didn't find anything. They're always leaving stuff in there.
Have any plans for any go fast parts?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the PPV party!

Nice build thus far!

OP
OP
C

Cole Pruett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't decided what to do about power yet. I would like more power, but I'm not sure exactly which route I want to take yet.

Possibly supercharger or a 6.2 swap. I've been seeing them super cheap at the junk yards.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I haven't decided what to do about power yet. I would like more power, but I'm not sure exactly which route I want to take yet.

Possibly supercharger or a 6.2 swap. I've been seeing them super cheap at the junk yards.
Cheap you say??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC