Upgrade to Power Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperDad

Reaction score
DL8 identifies non-powerfold mirrors.

DL3 identifies powerfold mirrors.

You need DL3 mirrors and window switches to swap yours to powerfold. Your truck will be a DL8 truck with DL3 mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it that simple? Just buy new mirrors and a new switch? Is it plug and play then?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it that simple? Just buy new mirrors and a new switch? Is it plug and play then?
yes, but not a new switch otherwise you have to have the dealer re-program it, if you get a used switch from a dl3 truck and the mirrors then it is plug-n-play

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, but not a new switch otherwise you have to have the dealer re-program it, if you get a used switch from a dl3 truck and the mirrors then it is plug-n-play

Yup, buy used driver and passenger window switches from a truck that had the option (I bought the switches from an totaled Escalade). Plug and play. You can buy new mirrors, those don't matter. Easy swap, Ive done it twice!

jdj71

Reaction score
Hey All - I have a 2014 GMC Yukon with heated mirrors. I am looking to upgrade to power folding with heat, turn and puddle light. I am looking to replace control panel on door side too that has the power folding switch. QUESTION TO YOU EXPERTS: Can this be done? Can I swap out the mirrors and control panel and have it work with existing wire harness? Any assistance is appreciated!! Thank you.
Omg I just posted a thread about this
Looking to do the same thing

have you had any luck?

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them and they can be handy but cost quite a bit to replace when they fail, and they do fail. I currently have one replacement still working and one original failed and it will not be replaced. It was really only helpful when the truck lived in the garage.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
He’s right about the mirrors. The oem version with blind spot indicators are 5 bills ea w/o paint. Pull them from a wrecker on an 09-14 Denali or Esky which have standard heat and fold features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramzith1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wiring is already there. Both the front control switches need to be from a vehicle that had the DL3 option. Did it on mine, plug & play.

hi there, can you help me to choose the right side switch which part number.
I am actually upgrading my manual DL8 to DL3, i bought the needed dl3 mirrors and the master dl3 switch but I read your comments that have to buy both side switches and i dont know what part numbr or how to identify it that works with DL3, appreciate your kind help, thanks