Updated Key Fob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So there’s a company called Boost Auto Parts, with whom I have never done business, that sells the newer rectangular style key fobs for use on our platform trucks. Does anyone know if they do any modifications to get these to work or if they’re just plain oem remotes? If they’re not modified then I can get them cheaper on eBay and I like the looks of the non-chrome version as well which Boost doesn’t offer. What I would really like is a remote or some sort of a plug and play adapter that increases the range of the OEM fob for remote start purposes. The range is terrible. Thanks
I recently bought the same keyfob for my '13 Tahoe and right after, I saw them on ebay: 2 for the half the price of one at Boost Auto. Because of my vehicle year, it had to be programmed by the dealer. The only one that was able to be programmed was the fob from Boost Auto. The cheaper ones, eventhough looked identical, did not work at all. No signal. I'm happy with the purchase and ebay sent me a refund. Just sucks having to pay the dealer to program a key.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the same keyfob for my '13 Tahoe and right after, I saw them on ebay: 2 for the half the price of one at Boost Auto. Because of my vehicle year, it had to be programmed by the dealer. The only one that was able to be programmed was the fob from Boost Auto. The cheaper ones, eventhough looked identical, did not work at all. No signal. I'm happy with the purchase and ebay sent me a refund. Just sucks having to pay the dealer to program a key.
The old saying “you get what you pay for”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224