[Update 8/23] 04 Suburban 1500 - SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
On the way back from Ohio I got pulled over for tint for the first time.

Cop was cool and let me go with a verbal warning.:cool:

Then I bought this Chevy Silverado 2500 for $900 lol.

View attachment 201470

So it's going to become my new audio vehicle to beat the piss out of, and I'll be making the Suburban a full time daily + road trip monster.
Nice, another blue one too.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use that kind of a spacer, you want hub centric ones otherwise you're relying on the lugs to center the wheels.

we ended up getting a more solid set of spacers (I think), that seem to be doing the job

Nice, another blue one too.

yep lol, but not for long ;)

I've got 8 gallons of black plasti-dip with the new truck's name on it

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw some Tow mirrors on, finally got ones for the right year.

So I have power controls, heated mirrors, turn signals... but no power folding.

I thought they did but evidently I bought the wrong mirrors (again)

IMG_1428.JPG

I LOVE how they look, and on the driver side it really helps with sight, haven't really been on a highway yet to utilize the passenger side.

Also bought a $17 foam cannon nozzle on Amazon, and some $30 Chemical Guys concoction to wash the vehicle

IMG_1430.JPG

It certainly makes washing a lot more fun!

Not really sure that it does a great job though, and it uses a lot more soap product than hand washing.

IMG_1431.JPG

My new speakers arrive on Monday, and then I can put my vehicle back together lol

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some of my speakers in!

Went for more of a Sound Quality build this time, 4x SSA Evil 6.5s and 4x Silk Dome Tweeters.

IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG

Went to modify the existing rear doors to fit them

IMG_1451.JPG

Had to do a lot of demeling, but got them to fit

IMG_1452.JPG

They sound great!

Unfortunately, I didn't check clearance, and after putting the doors back together, my rear windows no longer roll down further than this

IMG_1454.JPG

gonna have to make adapter rings or something, but that'll be another day

tomorrow I'll probably try to add the 6.5s to the front doors, and I think I'll be using PVC and fiberglass to put the tweeters in the A-Pillars

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went in and figured out what was actually preventing my back windows from going down

the motors on my speakers were hitting a plastic part of the window track mechanism

IMG_1517.JPG

I removed the top 7MM bolt and instead of using the plastic locators, I used them to offer distance between the metal and the door, then put two additional &MM bolts in to hold it secure.

IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG

Doesn't look pretty, but it gets the job done, and nobody will ever see it

today I'll be installing subwoofer RCA's, a universal bass knob, and trying to alleviate this issue with my vehicle

ever since I put the first aftermarket amp in, I have a high pitch squeal when starting the car, and then a whine that changes with RPM's.

evidently grounding the head unit is supposed to fix it, so we'll see today if that's the case

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and some pictures of the doors back on

I really like the little shimmer of silver from the SSA speakers, that you can see behind the grills lol

IMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG

also the pictures do a good job of illustrating the difference between 5% tint (front doors) and 1% tint (rear doors) HUGE difference

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up reverting the truck mostly to stock and selling it for $8500, and buying a Grand Prix so I could get some better gas mileage.

Currently looking for a decent Tahoe under $2000 to act as a winter beater, that I'd really like to play with lifting, full vehicle plasti-dip, etc.

I'm realizing I've got an affinity for setting goals on these vehicles, and then never keeping them for longer than 6 months:rolleyes:

As long as I keep making money on them it's all good though I guess

For this Suburban, I paid $5000, put about $1500 into it in mods and things, put 7000 miles on it in roughly 2 months, and then sold it

Pablo sold.png

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ended up reverting the truck mostly to stock and selling it for $8500, and buying a Grand Prix so I could get some better gas mileage.

Currently looking for a decent Tahoe under $2000 to act as a winter beater, that I'd really like to play with lifting, full vehicle plasti-dip, etc.

I'm realizing I've got an affinity for setting goals on these vehicles, and then never keeping them for longer than 6 months:rolleyes:

As long as I keep making money on them it's all good though I guess

For this Suburban, I paid $5000, put about $1500 into it in mods and things, put 7000 miles on it in roughly 2 months, and then sold it

View attachment 205845
How did you like that pioneer deck?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you like that pioneer deck?

I love it!

The only two head units I've ever owned, and probably ever will own are the Pioneer 80PRS (single din) and the Pioneer AVH-600EX (double din).

So far I've owned 3 of each them, since they're so cheap I just leave them in the car for the next owner, because they make a really big difference.

Especially on these SUVs if you get one of the $60 easily install-able Pioneer backup cameras too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan