[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'd take the badges off, but they were taped off at one time, along with the side mouldings, and painted around. So you'd see paints lines and whatever else. I hate chrome or anything chrome like, so to me it just looks better as a black blob lol.

I keep getting transmission and trans cooling line issues. Hopefully those have been solved.
Yea I knew the side moldings were a no go, couldn't remember if the badges still got the same treatment :smh:
Can do the lettering in blue colormatched, that would pop.
Anyway we're hijacking the poor mans thread lol.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always good for some hijacking :) I love seeeing posts and getting new ideas.

So far the biggest dislike on this vehicle is the damn GMC grill! I'd much rather have a Chevy front end lol.

Come to think of it, I just want a 6L in a Tahoe....

I'm thinking about an audio system but I keep forgetting this Denali (and I think maybe all of them?) come with Sunroofs.. not really wanting to weld that thing shut :confused:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Galandorian, post:

[/QUOTE]

DO IT!!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always good for some hijacking :) I love seeeing posts and getting new ideas.

So far the biggest dislike on this vehicle is the damn GMC grill! I'd much rather have a Chevy front end lol.

I'm thinking about an audio system but I keep forgetting this Denali (and I think maybe all of them?) come with Sunroofs.. not really wanting to weld that thing shut :confused:
I’m a little slow in some areas.... lol. What does the sunroof have to do with audio system?! Ironically I don’t particulalry care for the tahoe front end but like the gmc front end much better haha.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’m a little slow in some areas.... lol. What does the sunroof have to do with audio system?! Ironically I don’t particulalry for the tahoe front end but like the gmc front end much better haha.
If you have a competition subwoofer system sunroofs flex and lose that seal tightness you need to keep the sound inside. I think. My buddy has a competition system and he says hes never opened his sunroof, and I think it might even be unplugged. I personally rather have a sunroof just cause having it open on a sunny day is so much cooler than a system. Guess I'm not a true bass head lol

And my brother has a 03 Denali with no sunroof, so there's a couple out there without, but I bet they're hard to find.

I too prefer a nali front

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a competition subwoofer system sunroofs flex and lose that seal tightness you need to keep the sound inside. I think. My buddy has a competition system and he says hes never opened his sunroof, and I think it might even be unplugged. I personally rather have a sunroof just cause having it open on a sunny day is so much cooler than a system. Guess I'm not a true bass head lol

And my brother has a 03 Denali with no sunroof, so there's a couple out there without, but I bet they're hard to find.

A handful of denalis I looked at for sale before I bought mine didn’t have a sunroof and back then it wasn’t t a big option that I needed to have. Now that I have one, it’s a must have option. Lol. Makes sense in the flex part. I love being able to open it! Haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

haha I don't feel like spending the money on two vehicles to make one essentially

I've thought about it many times though

I’m a little slow in some areas.... lol. What does the sunroof have to do with audio system?! Ironically I don’t particulalry for the tahoe front end but like the gmc front end much better haha.

when you get loud enough, you just literally destroy the sunroof.

the seals brake and it starts leaking, etc. it's a mess

I've helped friends weld several of theirs shut

I didn't even think about the sunroof when I bought it TBH.

It was just a big impulse buy to get something with AWD/4WD before snow came, and all the trucks in the area were crap (like 5.3l tahoes with tons of rust, 200k miles, for $5k) so when I saw this one I bought it instantly

A handful of denalis I looked at for sale before I bought mine didn’t have a sunroof and back then it want a big option that I needed to have. Now that I have one, it’s a must have option. Lol. Makes sense in the flex part. I love being able to open it! Haha.

here are some videos of my old tahoe, and this thing had 300 square feet of deadener in it

no sunroof, but look at the roof flex and imagine if it was a sunroof instead :oops:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
haha I don't feel like spending the money on two vehicles to make one essentially

I've thought about it many times though

when you get loud enough, you just literally destroy the sunroof.

the seals brake and it starts leaking, etc. it's a mess

I've helped friends weld several of theirs shut

I didn't even think about the sunroof when I bought it TBH.

It was just a big impulse buy to get something with AWD/4WD before snow came, and all the trucks in the area were crap (like 5.3l tahoes with tons of rust, 200k miles, for $5k) so when I saw this one I bought it instantly

here are some videos of my old tahoe, and this thing had 300 square feet of deadener in it

no sunroof, but look at the roof flex and imagine if it was a sunroof instead :oops:
That is just insane!! Lol
FYI--I just bought a 6.0, installed some goodies, got a tune and had it installed.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just insane!! Lol
FYI--I just bought a 6.0, installed some goodies, got a tune and had it installed.

true, I guess I could've just bought a 6.0L engine instead of the whole truck lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well crap. after all the talking and watching old vids, I went ahead and purchased these

Wolfram.png

6 12s on 10kw coming up soon I guess;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226