[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck man! Mines the same year and color! Interesting comment on the TC. I’ve never had any issues in the rain or snow with TC, gotten through many snow and rain days. Haha. Curious as to why you want black door handles on a silver SUV? Just curious. Anyways, good looking truck!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pictures of the rack came out weird due to the sun light

also, I used gloss spray paint which was a big mistake. I'll have to pull it off and redo it matte eventually

View attachment 207999
View attachment 208000

then, I had some of the Suburban sized flag decals left that I never used on my last vehicle:

View attachment 208004
View attachment 208001
View attachment 208003

I have about $900 worth of other stuff sitting in my eBay cart, just waiting until I get an 8% or 10% off coupon to pull the trigger on
Who's black Denali? Looks good!

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck man! Mines the same year and color! Interesting comment in the TC. I’ve never we had any issues in the rain or snow with TC, gotten through many snow and rain days. Haha. Curious as to why you want black door handles on a silver SUV? Just curious. Anyways, good looking truck!

I've always hated silver / chrome, so I try to black out as much of it as possible.

Here was my last Tahoe before and after the door handle swap (among other things):

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've always hated silver / chrome, so I try to black out as much of it as possible.

Here was my last Tahoe before and after the door handle swap (among other things):

View attachment 208032

I would prefer to have a completely murdered vehicle (all black everything), but I can never find any black vehicles.

I'm just the silver dude.

that'd be my mom's o_O

she only drives it like 3,000 miles a year

that's what I like to hear!
Should post up some pics of that baby! I see the aftermarket tail lights. What else she got going on in there?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should post up some pics of that baby! I see the aftermarket tail lights. What else she got going on in there?

pretty sure that's it. aftermarket tails and some 20" GM rims of some sort

stock audio except one 15" RE sub that I put in about 5 years ago.

maybe in the next few days if it stops raining I'll get some pics :)

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might have an interesting twist happening very soon.... I should know by this weekend what's gonna happen

anyways, picked up my favorite budget 6 lug rims today for $50 on craigslist :D

I've always wanted these rims on my other vehicles, but in the past I either happened to have 16" tires (thus the H3 Hummer Rims) or 18" tires (and the Silverado rims).

Since the stock denali rims are 17s I really lucked out!

with eBay's 10% off I dropped around $1200 in more cosmetic upgrades, so hopefully in a few weekends I'll have some updates.... if I still have this vehicleo_O

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a good amount of stuff done this weekend, despite it being 35 degrees and rainy :(

out with the stock intake, in with the CAI (Spectre 9900)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I was eyeballing all the chrome on the vehicle and deciding how to get rid of it... and decided to plasti-dip the Denali badges.

You start here:

I think it made a huge difference to the aesthetic of the vehicle, despite being a relatively small change

it was definitely the most detail oriented plasti-dip job I've ever done, and it has some flaws up close, but I aim for my vehicles to be 10'+ (meaning they look good at 10' out)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman