[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
next I put all my cheap black plastic handles on ;)

she's definitely starting to look a lot better in my opinion!

hopefully this week I'll get all my lights installed, put my roof rack back on (I took it off to paint matte black and underestimated how difficult it would be to put it back on by myself, and ended up stripping some bolts and crap... waiting for my dad to help me with that), get my new rims on, LEDs installed, and some other things

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Plasti Dip Denali job. Spray the whole area and peel it off. Overspray where? lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I always like your mods. Always a surprise and something different. I'm never a fan of black handles, but I like it here cause I've never seen a Denali with black handles so I say roll with it. Cant wait for more. Do you broski :waytogo:

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Plasti Dip Denali job. Spray the whole area and peel it off. Overspray where? lol

Yeah it works awesome!

Plasti-dip is probably one of the coolest products I've ever used. The possibilities are so endless

haha thanks fellas. it makes me feel a bit better knowing others think it was a good deal

I honestly had instant buyer's regret driving this one home. $4800 was so steep for something with nearly 200k miles... but that damn 6L keeps the value of these things up

I like the black Denali letters! Looks good! Not a fan of the black handles, nor the running board delete.... but to each their own!!! Looks like you’re having fun with it and that’s what matters!

Thanks! Yeah I had never seen someone dip the emblems (atleast on a Denali) and I LOVE how it looks.

The coolest part about these vehicles is they're ridiculously common, but you can (relatively) easily change almost everything on them.

They're like lego SUVS, so everyone can have their own unique look to a common vehicle

When he gets old he'll keep the running boards! LOL

LOL

Today as I was putting my roof rack back on I kept thinking "damnit why didn't I keep the running boards for one more day?"

I always like your mods. Always a surprise and something different. I'm never a fan of black handles, but I like it here cause I've never seen a Denali with black handles so I say roll with it. Cant wait for more. Do you broski :waytogo:

It's cool having a GMC SUV since they're ever so slightly different, same with the Denali trim.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, with my dad's help we were able to get quite a bit done.

Got my roof rack put back on, all new LED bulbs (AuxBeam 9005s and 9006s, and JDM Astar 3157 switchbacks for the turn signals), and new housings for all the lights.

I've still got to swap out the rear hatch handle for my black plastic one, but it was already getting dark.

I should've taken before and after pictures of visibility with halogens and then LEDs, but I didn't think of it unfortunately

Last edited: