Universal magna Flow Cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyray20

Reaction score
So im going to buy some Universal magna flow cats for my HOE. but when i was looking at them i noticed they dont have holes for o2 sensors. what do i have to do if i buy them? do i have to thread the holes?

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should have a vehicle specific part number available for your truck, though you didn't say what year and model you have.

I have a '92 Blazer and just ordered a generic 94009 generic Magnaflow cat, but I do not have an OBD-II truck.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the o2 sensor was before the cats on a pipe... atleast thats how mine is. im gettign ready to do a 3 inch custom single exhaust and im getting the same cats.

magnaflow makes a aftermarket stainless steel bolt on kit that replaces the old junk... its pretty pricey... i think 600$...

OP
OP
R

Reyray20

Reaction score
I have a 99 4door its a obdll .... ya they have direct bolt on but thats alot 600$ that why im going with the universals get both of them for less than 200 installed.

OP
OP
R

Reyray20

Reaction score
As long as your state emission laws are satisfied go for it.

AZ not that strict... in fact were i live i dont even have to do emissions since there not a emission center closer than 25 miles away. i dont even have mine in i just cant stand the check engine light on the smell.. i notice too im getting less gas mileage without them

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
in some states you cannot use universal cats. in va we cant. ive already tried. the shop wanted 900 for the oem cats and told me it was illegal to cut and weld new ones on...found magnaflows direct replacement on ebay and did it myself for 300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz