Unique wheel idea: what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
wow the way this rim combines the two colors is perfect! Im really feeling this wheel!

picture.jpg

here they are photoshop'd onto a new camaro. looks good eventhough they switched the front and rear wheels..

picture.jpg

I wonder how hard it would be to paint the u2's in a similar fashion?

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
barf. go black or black with polished. IMO NO colors besides black, gunmetal grays, silver and chrome should EVER be on rim. no red, no white, certainly not color matched to the body or anything weird like that...just leave em black and be done. :) it'll look gooooood.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
barf. go black or black with polished. IMO NO colors besides black, gunmetal grays, silver and chrome should EVER be on rim. no red, no white, certainly not color matched to the body or anything weird like that...just leave em black and be done. :) it'll look gooooood.

Whatever you do, dont do black and chrome.... Thats seriously 2000 and super corny now and days... I dig the look of the Savini wheels.. Like everyone said. Dont make it too overpowering, but just subtle enough to look good.... W such a nice lineup of cars, may I ask wth ur getting U2 wheels:Boo:

OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont do black and chrome.... Thats seriously 2000 and super corny now and days... I dig the look of the Savini wheels.. Like everyone said. Dont make it too overpowering, but just subtle enough to look good.... W such a nice lineup of cars, may I ask wth ur getting U2 wheels:Boo:

Haha good question!

Honestly, Ive had so many sets of wheels on so many different cars; Ive tried everything else: black on black, white on white, brushed on everything, color matched, 2 pc, 3 pc, spinning, floating (Im not scared to admit it haha), every diameter 16 through 24in (yes 21"s too), japanese imported brands to american brands, vip with stretched tires (245 on 11in 0 offset wheels...talk about serious camber!), drag radials, and on and on. Ive been through atleast 30 sets of wheels in the ten (10) years Ive been driving! :pshyco:

Sooo, to answer your question, I just want to try something different and the u2-55 is a nice clean design I can play with. 26" is the largest diameter Ive had on a car and there is no way Im spending a grip for some multi piece forged wheels or even $5k on a decent set for that matter when, A, I can get one of the cleanest looking wheels Ive seen for the nnbs gm trucks for half the price and, B, I know myself well enough to guarantee I wont have these wheels (or the truck) long at all.

Does that answer your question? lol!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow the way this rim combines the two colors is perfect! Im really feeling this wheel!

picture.jpg

here they are photoshop'd onto a new camaro. looks good eventhough they switched the front and rear wheels..

picture.jpg

I wonder how hard it would be to paint the u2's in a similar fashion?

That is bad ass!!! Im gonna keep those in mind when I buy rims.

There used to be a dude on here with an Avalanche that I think had red rims. I will see if I can find some pics of it. i dont know if he is on much anymore, but it was a sick truck

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple black-with-red pics to give you other ideas:

Attachments

• _DSC4511.jpg
    _DSC4511.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 32915270001_large.jpg
    32915270001_large.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
Couple black-with-red pics to give you other ideas:

thanks. yeah I was looking at pics I found of the same sclade. i like the look a lot but i was trying to decide if I like the red side moldings. it helps continue the red and black theme but Im not a big fan of the moldings as it is so I dont think I want them to stand out anymore than the chrome already does plus I think the red tail lights and badges are enough. Maybe Ill do red logos on the side or something if it appears to need more

if anyone can find pics of black suvs (gm would be awesome but any will do) with large diameter wheels that have more red (like the entire spoke), i would appreciate it. i like the fact that the red/black theme not widely seen hence the entire reason im thinking of doing it but a few pics of actual vehicles instead of relying solely on my poor photoshop skills would help. thanks!

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha good question!

Honestly, Ive had so many sets of wheels on so many different cars; Ive tried everything else: black on black, white on white, brushed on everything, color matched, 2 pc, 3 pc, spinning, floating (Im not scared to admit it haha), every diameter 16 through 24in (yes 21"s too), japanese imported brands to american brands, vip with stretched tires (245 on 11in 0 offset wheels...talk about serious camber!), drag radials, and on and on. Ive been through atleast 30 sets of wheels in the ten (10) years Ive been driving! :pshyco:

Sooo, to answer your question, I just want to try something different and the u2-55 is a nice clean design I can play with. 26" is the largest diameter Ive had on a car and there is no way Im spending a grip for some multi piece forged wheels or even $5k on a decent set for that matter when, A, I can get one of the cleanest looking wheels Ive seen for the nnbs gm trucks for half the price and, B, I know myself well enough to guarantee I wont have these wheels (or the truck) long at all.

Does that answer your question? lol!

Well put sir... Im not mad at you, forged wheels in larger diameters are a grip!! I would never drop 5-7k on some wheels either... People do it all the time though like its nothing. Im a wheel *****, so its nothing for me to drive on a set of wheels for a couple months then switch it up....

I really like the pic of the Giovanna's w the red bezel.. You should look into Giovanna wheels.. U2 is just so... ugh, I really cant stand them. Literally every NNBS tahoe/yukon/esky has U2 wheels or some KMC wheels on them. Idk, maybe I just ranting...

Id say go for a set of Giovanna's off ebay. Your gonna get better quality and they arent too much more expensive. Then have them painted to your liking!

Looking fwd to what you finally decide on.. Im sure it will look good nonetheless:hands:

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, another person putting U2-55s on there tahoe. If you wanted to be different you shouldn't have bought the same rims as everyone else lol that would have been a good start.

OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
Well put sir... Im not mad at you, forged wheels in larger diameters are a grip!! I would never drop 5-7k on some wheels either... People do it all the time though like its nothing. Im a wheel *****, so its nothing for me to drive on a set of wheels for a couple months then switch it up....

I really like the pic of the Giovanna's w the red bezel.. You should look into Giovanna wheels.. U2 is just so... ugh, I really cant stand them. Literally every NNBS tahoe/yukon/esky has U2 wheels or some KMC wheels on them. Idk, maybe I just ranting...

Id say go for a set of Giovanna's off ebay. Your gonna get better quality and they arent too much more expensive. Then have them painted to your liking!

Looking fwd to what you finally decide on.. Im sure it will look good nonetheless:hands:

Thanks! Im looking forward to figuring out what I decide to do too lol!

It sounds like you have a similar mindset as me when it comes to wheels. Therefore we both know, guys like us will inevitably switch it up before too long. Nothing is permanent when it comes to the toys.

Oh wow, another person putting U2-55s on there tahoe. If you wanted to be different you shouldn't have bought the same rims as everyone else lol that would have been a good start.

Sounds like youve got a bunch of u2 wheels in michigan. Thats cool. Only seen a couple sets where I live and none over 24in. In fact, I can count on two hands the number of trucks Ive seen with 26"+ wheels around here.

Now the donks/sleds in my area are a different story :emotions122:
...fortunately the u2 wheels arent their style